Topic: SV does not update existing gallery when looking from PC

I've encountered this problem on two occasions with two different sites:

The SV gallery I use is placed in a table, on an HTML page.  After adding new images to an existing gallery and uploading files, the page gallery does not show the new images from a PC, even after the caches have been cleared (both in FF and IE with FP9).  Instead, we see the old gallery (How is this possible if the xml file has been replaced?).   When looking at the same page with the same browsers and version of FP on a MAC, I see the updated galleries. 

I have even re-downloaded the SV zip file and have replaced the swfobject.js, viewer.swf files numerous times.  With the first site I worked on, it appeared that the swfobject.js file wasn't working properly (even after replacing it from the SV zip file) and was replaced with another swfobject.js file from a different gallery on the same site.  But I can't be absolutely certain.

What the heck is going on here?

Have you had the same problem or are there any tips/ideas that could help?  I love using SV.  I think it's a really great program and would like to continue using it!  Would using the pro version do the trick?

Thanks in advance!

Re: SV does not update existing gallery when looking from PC

Clearing the cache should allow you to see the updated gallery. Make sure you are looking at the same URL that you uploaded to.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've just encountered this too.

If you locate the actual image file online at the subdirectory - /images/filename.jpg

and refresh it

then do the same with
/thumbs/filename.jpg

it should work

ditto was redbulluk said. 

i found that if i deleted the thumbs and rebuild the php it worked...after reuploading the php file and running it again that is.