Topic: Still need Multiple Galleries Help *FIXED*

Ok, so I've seen the multiple galleries.zip Felix has posted in several threads and yes, it works fine.  The load_multiple_viewers.fla provided works just fine and I've replicated its code in my own design.  However, there is no source provided for the viewer, which I understand the reasons why.  But that is where the problem lies.

The problem I'm having is taking the v1.8 source .swf I purchased and using it to generate a new customized viewer.  When I combine my site with the viewer provided by felix in the multiple galleries.zip, it works just fine.  But when I try to use my custom viewer, it just cycles through the preloader.  It sounds like several people are having this same problem, but the same .zip keeps getting posted, which isn't solving it. 

Anyone encountered and fixed this yet?

I know it has something to do with this section:

//set default xmlPath
var xmlPath = "gallery.xml"
//get xml data Path from flashVars
if (_root.xmlDataPath != undefined){
    xmlPath = _root.xmlDataPath;
}

James

Re: Still need Multiple Galleries Help *FIXED*

I guess what I'm asking is, what is different about the viewer Felix included in the multiple_galleries.zip and the 1.8 viewer I purchased?

There is a multiple gallery example that comes with simpleviewer pro which differs slightly from the the .zip that I've seen posted in the forums.  I've tried both but am currently using the example that came with Simpleviewer pro as it seems to be a newer version. 

In this version, the .xml files are placed outside of the actual gallery folders.

So here is the code I have in my viewer that seems to be messing things up.

//set default xmlPath
var xmlPath = "gallery.xml"
//get xml data Path from flashVars
if (_root.xmlDataPath != undefined){
    xmlPath = _root.xmlDataPath;
}

With this code, the preloader just keeps cycling through whenever I try to load up a gallery.

I'm more of a AS hack, but it doesn't look to me like this would be setup for multiple galleries.

Ok, so it has nothing to do with the viewer .fla.  The only thing you'll need to change in that is your publish settings by telling it where you want to publish the viewer.  It has everything to do with folder structure.  Here is how I solved this:

Whatever folder contains your main simpleviewer.fla MUST have the com folder included inside of it.  The simpleviewer.fla pulls from this when it is creating the viewer.swf.  If it is not in the same folder, it will still create the viewer.swf but it will not function properly

(i.e. will cycle through the preloader continuously or just say gallery not found)

Side note: When you publish your viewer, make sure it is in the same directory as your gallery folders.  Also check the .xml files and make sure they are referencing the correct location for the thumbs and images.

Simple enough, yet never saw this anywhere..or I at least missed it.  Hope it helps someone.

James