Topic: Thumbnail Alignment

Hi guys, I've got a question about the placement of the thumbnails.  I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I went through the forums and couldn't find anything.  I know in the XML file you can specify 'top', 'right', 'bottom' and 'left' and in the AS options file you can make everything fixed.  I would like to put the thumbnails in the top right corner.  Is this possible without doing a fixed layout?  Thanks.

Re: Thumbnail Alignment

It's possible, but it will require you to modify the source code. Take a look at the StageManager.doLayout() function.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Felix, is the StageManager.doLayout() in the simpleviewer.fla or is it in one of the AS files?

it's in a file called StageManager.as

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, okay so I'm not a big Action Script guy but I figure this is the part I have to edit:

case "top" :                 
imgX = (w - imgW)/2;                                        
imgY = (h - imgPlusThumbsH)/2 + thumbH + mXMLManager.stagePadding;
thumbX = (w - mThumbArea.width)/2;
thumbY = (h - imgPlusThumbsH)/2;
break; 

and I'm also assuming i need to edit the "thumbX" part.  Although i'm unsure of how to adjust the math to get the thumbs to be right aligned...  I thought perhaps changing the number it's dividing by would do the trick.  But it doesn't seem to be.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Problem solved.  Changing the number it's dividing into worked.

Hi Felix, I was wondering if there is a way to edit the alignment so that i could have the thumbnails always 100 pixels from the side of the flash.

Something like:

thumbX = (w - mThumbArea.width)/2 [+/-] 100px;

I'm not sure about the syntax.