Topic: "GALLERY NOT FOUND"

I have created my first gallery.  I get the message "Gallery not found" on the page display in both IE and Firefox.  It works fine when I click the index page in the folder on my computer but the files on my website won't display the gallery.

I see someone else has posted the same question on May 28th and there seems to have been no response to that one.  Please send help....

Best,
Brian

Re: "GALLERY NOT FOUND"

"Gallery not found" means SimpleViewer cannot find the 'gallery.xml' file. Did you upload that file?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: "GALLERY NOT FOUND"

I created the gallery in PS CS2 according to the instructions.  I uploaded the files from the "copy these files" folder (3 files) and they are also present on in the gallery folder on the website.

I can find no file, either downloaded from the simpleviewer website or created by PS CS2 with the name: "gallery.xml".

I spoke with my web host tech who tooled around with the code a bit.  He came up with the fix below.  It now works perfectly as far as I can tell but I don't know if there may be complications later or on different systems.

This is what he recommended:

After uploading gallery / Open FILE: ThumbnailFrame.html and delete some of line 1

TOP LINE SHOULD READ THIS ONLY!!!

<?xml>

ALL ELSE MUST BE DELETED AFTER UPLOADING!!!).

DO NOT DELETE TEXT FROM FILE ON MY HARD DRIVE AS IT WILL DISALLOW VIEWING IT DIRECTLY FROM MY COMPUTER!

Here is a link to this gallery:
www dot barkleyphoto dot com/portfolio/food-1/

Let me know your thoughts.
Brian