Topic: Announcing PicasaViewer

I've just finished work on version 1.0 of PicasaViewer, a set of php scripts that allow you to use SimpleViewer to view albums in your PicasaWeb account.

It was inspired by FlickrViewer, but was written from scratch.

Hope it's useful.

Ben

View your PicasaWeb albums in SimpleViewer using [url=http://benhughes.freehostia.com/picasaviewer/]PicasaViewer[/url]

Re: Announcing PicasaViewer

This works very well, but can anyone here supply a PHP code snippet for how to retrieve the album names from Picasa?

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks to Ben's very quick response to my email, I already have the answer.  On the same site where he has PicasaViewer (see the link in his message, above), he also has a PHP script for PicasaAlbums.  Unfortunately, since I'm new here, this forum will not allow me to post the actual link, so anyone interested will just have to go the Ben's link and look from there for.

Thanks, Ben!

Re: Announcing PicasaViewer

I've just finished work on version 1.0 of , a set of php scripts that allow you to use SimpleViewer to view albums in your PicasaWeb account....

hey Ben

question, on your picassaViewer demo (very nice btw), youve added a button called 'view full size'. in the php script file, it references to ' showImageLink'  options 1 and 2. when i hit the button, i was prompted with a 'open/save as' dialoque (ff on mac). is this standard, 'coz then you might help me out with my issue to enable downloading pics in simpleviewer? (see forum thread SimpleViewer-Pro - RightClick/saveAs)

i have no knowledge of PHP. can you help me out? a button in the simpleviewer (programmed in flash?) works just fine too, so as i dont need a richt click/context menu option anymore!