Topic: Autoviewer + Wordpress "Page"?

Can anyone tell me how to set up Autoviewer so it appears within a Wordpress "Page" (not "post")?

Copying and pasting the index.html contents into a Wordpress Page doesn't work.

Hope you can help,
Michael

Re: Autoviewer + Wordpress "Page"?

Michael,

I was trying to figure this out, with no succcess using the Kimili Flash Embed plugin or other workarounds.

What I finally ended up doing was using an iframe to call the index.html file for the gallery you want to show.

If you use the code view for creating the new WP page, just insert the code from the iframe where you want to place the gallery.

<iframe src="your_index_html_url" frameborder="0" height="xxx" width="100%"></iframe>

Hope this helps.

Re: Autoviewer + Wordpress "Page"?

I've had success with this, but can't get it to work in my posts. If you know how to do this let me know..

Any way, just add all the files you need to the root directory of your wordpress docs.

Then add the JS reference in your page, or in the header file in WP.
Then add the code that should look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="www yoursite com/swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">
  <p>AutoViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="www macromedia com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash here.</a>
  </div>   
      <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject("www yoursite com/autoviewer swf", "autoviewer", "100%", "400", "8", "#000000");   
fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");                   
        //Optional Configuration
        //fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");
        //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");   
        //fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "www yoursite com/gallery xml");                   
        fo.write("flashcontent");           
    </script>

You'll notice that I also added a transparency to the code. This is also for the pro player, but I don't think it makes a difference.