Topic: Not Working in IE

Hi,

I recently installed Simpleviewer ( v1.8 ) and it works fine in Firefox, Netscape and Opera, but I get nothing (not even an error message) in IE v6.

Anyone have any suggestions? (I tried to post the address of the page where it's installed, but was unable to ... I guess because I'm a new member.)

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

ginger

Re: Not Working in IE

:oops: Never mind. It's working now.

I needed to change the doctype.

ginger

What did you do!!! I'm having the same trouble. I can't figure it out.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks  :?

Hi,

I sent you a pm because it wouldn't let me post the code to the forum. Let me know if that works.

ginger213

hi, I´ve got the same problem. Could you send me the PM too or post the adress of your site?

Thanks!

Hi

I am also having the same problem. I downloaded v1.8, works fine on firefox but doesn't show anything, not even an error in IE. I too would be very interested to see this PM solution.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

It won't let me post code unfortunately, but basically my problem was with the doctype I was using. I changed the doctype to XHTML 1.0 Strict, and now it works.

I don't know if that is your problem, but it solved it for me.

The forum won't even allow me to post a link to the w3c where you can find that doctype definition, so you'll have to look that up on your own.

Please let me know if that solves the problem for you.

Thanks,

ginger

Hi Ginger

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried changing the doctype but it didn't seem to make a difference. I've been trying to narrow it down by slowly transforming the out-of-the-box simpleviewer index page into my page. It goes well until I add the script tags into the body of my page. If I remove all of the code inside my body tags and only have the script to call simpleviewer then it will work in IE. So it must be something to do with my code. I just haven't figured out what that is yet. I'll PM you a link if it'll let me and if you get chance and wouldn't mind taking a look at the source code to see if you can see anything that might cause this.

I really like this gallery and would love to use it in this project if I can figure this problem out.

Thanks again,

Adam

Hi,

It seems that there's a problem with that table that it's enclosed in, although I don't think being in a table itself would prevent it from working. Maybe a conflict with your css ... not sure. When you remove it from the table it works ... as you already know.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

ginger

Thanks for looking. Yeah, it does seem to be some kind of conflict. I'll keep playing with it to see why being in this particular table stops it working. If I figure it out I'll post the solution. Maybe someone else has had the same problem.

Thanks again for trying.

Adam

I am having the same problem, and I am sure I know less about web coding than all of you.  Could someone message me for my site and then perhaps look at the source code for the page in question and help me repair it?

Hi,

It won't let me post code unfortunately, but basically my problem was with the doctype I was using. I changed the doctype to XHTML 1.0 Strict, and now it works.

ginger

Same problem here, but if I change the doctype to XHTML it works right only with IE  :?

How can I fix this?
Thanks  wink

Hello,

I have one photogallery installed.

It has list of 3 photo galleries and I populate it dynamically from admin panel and each time I update any images or create new category, system will update XML document as per requirement.

It works fine in Mozilla, Firefox BUT it gives typical error in IE. Once you click on any of the gallery from above link, page will load with simpleviewer gallery with the images in that category. NOW you go back from that page and click on any other gallery... Here problem comes. You will see same photos of gallery you visited first time.

I feel this is problem is catch memory which IE takes as reference.  BUT it works in other browser.

Can any one please let me know if you have any solution?

Thanks in advance for spending your time in reading my issue and supporting me.

With regards,
Hardik Vyas.

I eventually figured out my problem. I don't think it'll help the most recent posts but it fixed it for me so I hope it can help others.

Actually, it was more of a hack than a solution but it worked. I found that it was due to the fact I was putting it into a table and that the viewer needed more space than the table was giving it. For example, the <td> it was in was 550px which should have been enough for the width of the simpleviewer but for some reason wasn't. So I gave that <td> a width of 750px and kept the table 728px. This did it for me.

I hope that helps someone,

Adam