Topic: Need help to customize

Hi!

I love SimpleViewer and like to purchase it to make more customizing possible.

But, and that's my problem: I don't have Flash8 and do not know how to use it.

Thats what I like to do:

- different border-measures at top and bottom to put a div-box with navigation closer to the gallery
- repositioning the line for Caption/Description to the corner left/bottom (same hight with the scroll-arrows)
- resize the arrows, which scroll the pages
- get most values usable in xml to include them in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom -> theturninggate com -> TTGSimpleViewer for Lightroom

Would there be an update if flash8 isn't up to date anymore?

I hope that was not to much. The importance of the changes decreases with the chronological order.

Thanks

Christoph

Re: Need help to customize

Hi,

because nobody replied, I posted my question in an other german-speaking forum.

flashhilfe.de/forum/jobangebote/anfrage-modifikation-von-simpleviewer-pro-213298-213298.html

I am just searching for support.

Thanks

Christoph

Hi,
I'm a novice at flash/actionscript but have made some major customizations. So I'll try answering some of your questions...

- different border-measures at top and bottom to put a div-box with navigation closer to the gallery

If you mean the border around main image it's real easy to change border size as long as you have the same measures all around. I you want different measures, that might be acheived, but it's beyond me. Probably needs major modification of actionscript.
If you mean only general border-measures for the whole gallery-swf, that's doable, no prob.

- repositioning the line for Caption/Description to the corner left/bottom (same hight with the scroll-arrows)
- resize the arrows, which scroll the pages

Repositioning of different elements is not that hard. Most changes can easily be made via options.as file, some require modefication of .fla and .as files. I also managed to change the arrows through some poking around in the .fla. Not that difficult to do - And Im a flash/actionscript novice.

- get most values usable in xml to include them in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom -> theturninggate com -> TTGSimpleViewer for Lightroom
Would there be an update if flash8 isn't up to date anymore?

This I can't help you with.

thank you for your answer.

But I will need the flash-software to do this changes, won't I? - I just have an text-editor.

Quote:

If you mean the border around main image it's real easy to change border size as long as you have the same measures all around. I you want different measures, that might be acheived, but it's beyond me. Probably needs major modification of actionscript.
If you mean only general border-measures for the whole gallery-swf, that's doable, no prob.

I mean the unused space over the large images and over the thumbs, which will be created if I like to see the navigation-arrows below the thumbs and the line for caption.
e.g. I need a hight of 580px, but there more than 100px over the thumbs, which are not used. But at this space I like to positionate my Navigation with css.

Christoph

But I will need the flash-software to do this changes, won't I? - I just have an text-editor.

Yeah, unfortently you do