Topic: Gallery not found after replacing viewer.swf

in the web folder of the purchased version is a viewer.swf which does not contain the download link i the right bottom area. the documentation says:

web folder contains files to post to your website. This folder contains a version of the SimpleViewer swf without the download link. To use this with your existing galleries, copy the viewer.swf from this folder into your existing gallery folders.

after replacing the viewer.swf of my generated album i opened the index.html and the preloader tries to get the xml info and then says:

then i added the gallery.xml of the source/web folder so after the preloader has finished i can see big white X instead of the images...

i tried to define the path in the xml file but it didn't work...

please help!!!

thx a lot

Re: Gallery not found after replacing viewer.swf

was the viewer.swf you replaced v1.7 or v1.8? Upgrading from v1.7 to v1.8 requires some modifications to the HTML, check instructions here: … iewer.html

If it was a v1.8 gallery then replacing the SWF with the PRO swf should not break your gallery. You could try creating a new v1.8 gallery from scratch, then replacing the viewer.swf.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.