Topic: Multiple galleries in one page doesn't work in IE

Hi,

Have been using simpleviewer with a lot of success in several pages of my website and think it is great, but I've run into a problem which I don't think I've got enough understanding to solve.

I'm trying to put multiple galleries onto one page, so have created multiple gallery.xml files labelling them gallery1.xml etc and also have created individual image and thumbs files for each gallery. Everything works as I want it to in firefox, but in Internet Explorer it just doesn't work properly.

I was wondering whether anyone has any experience of this or knows how to solve it?

Many thanks,

M

Re: Multiple galleries in one page doesn't work in IE

Check your path filename letter cases exactly match.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've looked at my code and there doesn't seem to be any errors like that. The strange thing is that in firefox, the gallery one will appear where gallery one should be and gallery2 where it should be. In IE, where gallery1 should be I get gallery 2 and in the rest of the implementations of simpleviewer I get the you do not have flash thingy. It seems really weird and I can't think of a reasonable explanation for it - any ideas anyone?

I'm working on the same problem - does IE have Flash 7 or above?  That might be what's killing mine...

Hi,

Can you please elaborate some more about how you created multiple galleries in the same page?

Thanks !

I used the code on the airtight support page to put simpleviewer in a web page and put it in the web page a couple of times. Then in the same folder as all the simpleviewer stuff I created copies of gallery.xml and both the images and thumbs folder. In the corresponding gallery.xml I used the imagepath and thumbpath options to point to the right folders and then changed the gallery.xml in the code in the web page to either gallery1.xml or gallery2.xml.

It works ok in firefox but ie uses gallery2.xml instead of gallery1.xml for the first instance of simpleviewer and the second displays the no flash detected text. Seems there is something in the flash files or the way that ie interprets it that is causing the problems.

Hope that helps.

Here it is...

... http://www.margaretmims.co.uk/Chains/chaindesigns.htm

Thanks a lot .niklas I've changed the code as you suggested, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to solve the problem. Obviously it is a good thing to do in the code, so I've left fo1, fo2 etc. but the problem still remains.

Thank you for your help nevertheless, we'll get there in the end.