Topic: Can I change the "images" folder to another name?

I am trying to embed the viewer into a div on an existing html page. The reason I ask, is because I already have an images folder in my website root folder and renaming that would require me to relink all the images/slices/graphics I already have in place.

I tried sticking the the entire simpleviewer files into a folder and added src= "simpleviewerfolder/swfobject.js" to the code in the head but it didn't work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for looking.

Re: Can I change the "images" folder to another name?

Yup - edit the gallery.xml file to show the location of the images and thumb images path.  I've got 3 galleries set up on a single page, by rewriting the div using different xmlPath options each time.

Do you mean the ImageData.xml file that was generated by simpleviewer?  If so, I don't see any paths in that XML file.  Sorry, I am a little new to this so if you could give a more detailed explanation with examples that would be awesome.

Again, sorry for my lack of understanding.

Sure - I'm pretty new to this myself, actually, but I have a background in web development, so that makes the XML and javascript parts a lot easier.

I believe ImageData.xml and gallery.xml are the same file, but for different versions of simpleviewer. 

One of the fundamental aspects of XML is that each file has a "root element."  That's the first part of the page that is surrounded by < and >.  In the case of simpleviewer, that's "simpleviewerGallery".  Everything after that name and before the > is an "attribute."  These are options that you can set to give information and options to simpleviewer.

The options you want to set are "imagePath" and "thumbsPath."  In the example below, I've set mine to be a subdirectory.  I'm not sure if you know how URLs work, but if the directory you've got your images and thumbs in is in the same diretory as the XML file, you only need the name.  For instance, if you want to put your images in /somepath/gallery_images/, and the XML is in /somepath/, your imagePath would be imagePath="gallery_images/".  However, if your XML file was elsewhere, you can use the site-root relative path, and that would be imagePath="/somepath/gallery_images/".

Here's my root element for one of my galleries:

<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="450" maxImageHeight="450" textColor="0x585858" frameColor="0x01adff" frameWidth="1" stagePadding="15" thumbnailColumns="2" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" title="Animals" enableRightClickOpen="true" imagePath="/images/animals/medium/" thumbPath="/images/animals/small/">

I hope I've made this clearer it can be daunting if you've not dealt with this type of thing before.  You can also check out my pages at my home page, simon-photography, then dot, then com.  My account is too new here to post the link smile

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. I really appreciate it.  Your explanation is very clear and easy to understand. I'll try it out as soon as I can.

Thanks again.