Topic: Thumbnails showing as white, blank squares.

I had SimpleViewer Pro 1.8 working just fine on a development server, and then when I moved my files to a live server, the only thing that shows up where thumbnails are supposed to be are white squares. Interestingly enough, when I replace the viewer.swf with the free version, the thumbnails display fine. The current viewer.swf I am trying to use has not been modified.

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think I can see the thumbnails actually there as the thumbnail frames are loading up but it appears to quickly fade to white - very quickly. Perhaps I am just seeing things.

I would link to the galleries for you, but I'm apparently not allowed to enter URLs yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Thumbnails showing as white, blank squares.

Not sure why, exactly, the mask in Thumb.as was behaving and interacting with the thumbnails the way it is, but I fixed (read: hacked) this by changing the following line in Thumb.as:

mMask_mc.beginFill(0xffffff, 100);

to

mMask_mc.beginFill(0xffffff, 0);

Basically, adjusting the opacity of the mask to zero. Perhaps Felix or someone that knows the ins and outs of the code to offer some insight?

Re: Thumbnails showing as white, blank squares.

I think you may be viewing a security related issue that has been fixed. Please try re-downloading and using the latest SV-PRO files.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.