Topic: Go to specific image on gallery load (not 1st image in xml)

To recap:
Can I somehow jump/go to to a specific image when loading a gallery (ie, not the first in xml document)? By using some nifty variable or something.

- - - - - - - - -

My setup:
I have a site with 5 separate galleries and the 4 first only shows images (no thumbs, those are hidden). The 5th gallery is the opposite and only thumbs are shown. The idea is that the 5th gallery is an overview of all other galleries (and contains dublicates if all other gallery xml-data).

Let's say I load gallery5 and then click on a thumb. Then the correct image is shown, but I'm still in gallery 5. I'd like to jump to the gallery (any of 1-4 ) that contains that image as well.

I've managed to load a certain gallery when clicking gallery 5 thumb but I can't get around always showing first image.

Any ideas? Is there a variable to set that overrides the first image in xml-document to load?

Let's say I create a button that loads a specific gallery - Can I make it load on a specific image? Like, if I want to load gallery3 and not show first image i xml document, but instead the 3rd image.

Can I use any of these in some way?

mThumbArea.selectedThumbIndex =  2;
mCurrentImageIndex = 2;
mCurrentImageIndex = 2;
mIndex = 2;

Re: Go to specific image on gallery load (not 1st image in xml)

In short, can I somehow jump/go to to a specific image when loading a gallery (ie, not the first in xml document)?

Well, I'm making progress I guess.. I've managed to add an extra xml-value in galleries that sends clicks on thumbs in gallery5 to any of gallery1-4, depending on what xml-number that current thumb has(in the xml-file). All fine.
Now Im trying to pass a variable from Thumb.as to multiplegalleries.fla, but Im having no luck.

For example, Id really like to pass selectedThumbIndex from thumb.as to multiplegalleries.fla stage.

Now I've succeeded in getting the right image to show with:
_root.mcLoader.sm.mImageArea.showImage();

Inside the () I've put a xml value which is the same as the imgIndex of that pic in the loaded gallery. Now my only problem is that the previous/next image-buttons acts really weird. Any ideas if there are any other functions/variables that need to be set for the image to show up correctly?

aaaand now I've tossed that last solution out the window!

What I settled for..
When I click on a thumb in gallery5, an extra xml-value for that thumb(value 1-4), tells the script to load any of galleries 1-4.

Now when that gallery is loaded, the xml value I mentioned in the previous post (value equal to that images position in the order)
is sent to a for loop, which runs this below the number of times equal to the xml value.

_root.mcLoader.sm.mThumbArea.selectedThumbIndex ++

Lets say the 7th image is loaded, then the loop flips forward 7 times, to finally show the right image. To make this look a bit nicer, Im simultaniously running a fade in/out white layer plate on top to hide the forward flipping of the images. Boom - there you go!

Maybe this helped someone, even though Im pretty sure most of this made no real sense.