Topic: XML Data path problem

I was working on several galleries and wanted to be able to point to different XML files for my different galleries. The problem is when I followed the instructions for customizing they all mentioned:

<param name=FlashVars value="xmlDataPath=my_data/get_data.php">
And this syntax in the embed tag:
FlashVars="xmlDataPath=my_data/get_data.php"

I am looking at their example they now are using after the IE problem (code below) and I can figure out where I should be telling it what XLM document to use?

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.php?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a></div>   
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new FlashObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "600", "6", "#181818");       
        fo.addParam("scale", "noscale");
        fo.write("flashcontent");
    </script>

Re: XML Data path problem

Please check the new instructions for customizing the xmlDataPath: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … omize.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Here is what is on that page that has the link (I changed it to my XML info),  where do I actual put it since now in order tto get around IE it is not a typical SWF embed?

To load XML data from a PHP script called get_data.php in the sub-folder my_data use this syntax in the object tag:
<param name=FlashVars value="xmlDataPath=activity/activity_data.xml">
And this syntax in the embed tag:
FlashVars="xmlDataPath=activity/activity_data.xml"

- - - -  -

Below is what is on the page to embed the flash where does the above code go below, I see another person asked a similar question?? If you could actually show the code on the help page it would be very helpful.
- - - - - - - -  -

<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new FlashObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "600", "6", "#181818");
fo.addParam("scale", "noscale");
fo.write("flashcontent");
</script>

Hi,

it sounds like you are looking at a cached version of the data customization instructions. Try clearing your cache.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That new customization code worked fine. You do have to put in the top of the embed section otherwise it seems to sometimes not work which makes sense since you it has to know where the XLM is kept.