Topic: getting title and slide number seperated

I am trying to get the captions and the current image number into seperate text boxes. From there i want to place those text boxes on the stage at an exact X and Y position.

Any help would be appreciated!

John

Re: getting title and slide number seperated

SO i ve tried looking at all the files again after a little break and still no luck breaking everything out into seperate text boxes.

Any help would be great!

Any help? any one? Is there a simple solution to my question that i am just missing or what?

in Image.as around line 100 (not sure exactly what it is because I've edited my files quite a lot). If you do a search for " / " include the quote marks, add this line right after the line that ends with + "</font>";    :

mcCaption.mcIndex.txtCaption._y = height - ((Options.captionPadding) + (mXMLManager.frameWidth*2));

you can set the value to what ever you want. The above line sets the slide number to the bottom of the images.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Appreciate the help!
YOu did help me figure out how to positoion the number of images below the caption and i thank you for that!

What i am trying to do is move the image and number of images to a specific _x and _y to make the layout a little more customized. I quess i am just gonna have to change up the

mcCaption._x = Options.captionPadding + mXMLManager.frameWidth;

to something sorta like

mcCaption._x = mXMLManager.frameWidth -75;

or something along those lines.

But once again thanx i appreciate it!

Well the good news is I did exactly that to the site I am working on right now. The bad news is it's quite involved. It does exactly that and in addition you can customise the width of the caption. You have to add additional parameters to the xml file. I chose to add the attributes x y and width to the caption node. Then you have to load them into Arrays. There were all sorts of variables I had to duplicate. The output window will tell you which ones are missing. I had to edit just about every file to get it working. It took me all night and I was swearing a lot but I did manage to get it done. I can guide you in the right direction but it does have to be programmed in and I don't know how comfortable you are with actionscript. (I last used Flash MX and have forgotten most of what I knew).

Good luck.

If felix says it is ok I don't have a problem forwarding you the actionscript files I have edited, but that's entirely up to him.

Well the good news is I did exactly that to the site I am working on right now. The bad news is it's quite involved. It does exactly that and in addition you can customise the width of the caption. You have to add additional parameters to the xml file. I chose to add the attributes x y and width to the caption node. Then you have to load them into Arrays. There were all sorts of variables I had to duplicate. The output window will tell you which ones are missing. I had to edit just about every file to get it working. It took me all night and I was swearing a lot but I did manage to get it done. I can guide you in the right direction but it does have to be programmed in and I don't know how comfortable you are with actionscript. (I last used Flash MX and have forgotten most of what I knew).

Good luck.

If felix says it is ok I don't have a problem forwarding you the actionscript files I have edited, but that's entirely up to him.

Thats fine.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

A big thanx to aaaronorg for helping me with my issues!
His FLA was a huge help and was able to get me up and going in no time flat!

Thanx once again!

Just a headsup to anyone else trying to implement this feature. If the scaledown feature is important to you, you need to programme in the logic to move the captions when scaling down as they won't automatically. Otherwise you'll need to disable scaling down in Options.as

Adam

Can you show us what you've done?