Topic: 'SWF Object' is undefined. ???

I hope someone can help. I'm trying to figure out Simple Viewer so that I can add it to my website.  I get the whole thing assembled and loaded and it is viewable, but then I try to work the code into my website and I get the "Simple Viewer Requires Flash" message.  I have Flash, so I click on "If you have Flash, click here to view gallery" and it gives me the "This page cannot be located message".  I'm also getting this error message when the page loads: 'SWF Object' is undefined. Do you want to continue?"
I have a feeling that if I could get that bit figured out, it might work... but I have no idea how to fix that.

[I just tried to post the links so that you could see my gallery and what it looks like on my site, but evidently I'm too new to do that. Sorry...]

I really appreciate anyone's advice!
Thanks!

Kristen

Oh, and I'm a fairly intelligent person, but totally new to html/java, so talk to me like I'm 2, please.  Thanks!

Re: 'SWF Object' is undefined. ???

Check the swfobject.js file is in the gallery folder.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

It is...

I don't know if this will make sense because I have no experience with an FTP... I use a CPanel for this kind of stuff (which I guess is like an easy FTP?).  I know this kind of set up works because a friend of mine on the same host has 3 or 4 different simple viewers throughout her site.

Anyway... In my Folder Manager, there's a WWW folder. In that folder, I've created a new Directory, Gallery.  Within Gallery is all the stuff I needed to upload for SV... gallery.xml, index.html, swfobject.js, viewer.swf, plus the two folders, IMAGES and THUMBS, both packed with duplicately named jpegs.

Should I just delete all of it and start over?

your file setup sounds right. not sure what the problem is. I would try re-creating your gallery locally http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … ruct.html. Check it works locally, then copy the working folder to your webserver.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.