Topic: Making embed SV transparent

So for the past two days i have lived on this forum attempting to come up with a solution. with moderate amounts of luck. roll
so here is my issue.
I have SV embeded into a website (not yet online...) and i am trying to make it transparent. When i 'load' the index.html file, it appears transparent, however when i 'load' my page SV appears with a grey background.
...which leads me to believe that there is a colour indicator in either teh viewer or swfobject file... am i right?? am i miles off??

oh. and HTML confuses the hell out of me... so please speak slowly big_smile
thanks to anyone who can help!! tongue

Re: Making embed SV transparent

To change the background color of the gallery, check Q18 on the FAQ.: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

To make your gallery transparent, add this line under the line that contains the word swfobject, in the HTML code.

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I tried that. It suceeded in making galley transparent when viewing the index file. however when i load the website the gallery is embded in, it shows up with a grey background.
any ideas?
...thanks for the reply

To make your gallery transparent, add this line under the line that contains the word swfobject, in the HTML code.

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

Thank you.... I was searching it  big_smile

Thanks, that is exactly, what is was also looking for.

But using this option causes another problem. The ability of scrolling with the mouse through the gallery got lost. Is there another option to reactivate this again ?!

Thanks and Greets