Topic: Placing my gallery in a dreamweaver page

After 24 hours of going through all the files I figured out how to completely customize my gallery as a stand alone html page. (had a cold beer afterwards in celebration).  My heartache right now is I have a dreamweaver page that has a big empty div I want to put the gallery in. I have tried to import the .swf file with the gallery files in the local site folder and it didn't work (gallery not found).

I went by he FAQ instructions and put the html div in my page but I am still gettin g a missing flash warning. I just bought SVPro so i it is the latest files.
I did have to take out the body css b/c I already have one on my site I am doing.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction to do this?
Thanks.

Re: Placing my gallery in a dreamweaver page

I have the link to it...but it won't let me post it yet.

try this:

seasonsofwhite
dotcom
/mikegpix
dotcom
/vision. html

I have Flash 9 installed but it keeps asking me to install it.

Hi Mike,

I went to your page. Where's your viewer.swf located? It's not in the root directory, but that's where you're referencing it, unfortunately...

<script type="text/javascript">          
  var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "600", "600", "7", "#181818"&#41;;
  fo.write&#40;"flashcontent"&#41;;          
</script>

You'll need to specify the path to your flash file. Right now, your page is being told to get it from a place where it does not exist.

I have the main website folder on my desktop, then the "web" folder from SV Pro is in there. So the order is:

websitefolder/web/viewer.swf

Okay, I found the viewer.swf here:

http://seasonsofwhite.com/mikegpix.com/web/

Try changing your location to--

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"./web/viewer.swf", "viewer", "600", "600", "7", "#181818"&#41;; 

By the way, nice guitar pix. I play a 12-string Martin and am partial to axe shots. :-)

You are also missing your javascript file swfobject.js .

You should place it in the same folder as vision.html.

Should I just put all the files from the web folder in the root directory? And put all the images from SV Pro in my images folder?

When you are creating the a gallery, the first step is to check the gallery works on your local hard-drive. Does your gallery work locally?

If it does, then the next step is to copy the entire gallery folder to your webserver. Do this using an FTP program or Dreamweaver. Make sure you copy all the files and subfolders of your gallery folder.

So say you have a site called www.mysite.com, you can copy the galley folder to www.mysite.com/simpleviewer. Now  check the gallery is working on the web by opening your new folder URL in a browser. In the above case it would be www.mysite.com/simpleviewer.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

It is working now that I placed all the files in the root folder with the html files. I will repost it online to make sure it is working.

Here is the link.

http://seasonsofwhite.com/mikegpix.com/vision.html

I set the width to 100% to keep it in the center, and the height to 800. The photos are 600pix high. What is the best route to make the gallery sit up higher on the page, it is going off the edge of my screen on the bottom and there is no scoll bar, nor do I want it to be that low. Thanks for helping guys.

try making your swf less tall

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Currently, you're 404...

I pulled it, I re-organized the files...look at my new post.

Okay, I'll check out your new post.

But by way of encouragement, I saw your site in the wee hours of the morning, when you had all the files in place. So you're 90% there. Or were. Go ahead and put the files back that you took down, and we'll see what we can do about adjusting that image size you mentioned.

Don't give up, Mike. There's really not that much to it. It may seem so, but that's only because it's new to you. :-)

I got the images to move to the top by adjusting the margin, and shrinking the gallery size. So basically I have everything perfect....but now getting all 3 galleries in the right locations, and assigning path names is the next hurdle.

Are you putting just the "web" folder online? or are you including the source folder as well?

I am going to taekwon do to flip and beat on some kids....lol. I need it. I'll check this forum later.

Tiger, If you are around, I'll be working all night and check back. I also have 2 IM's I could use if it's easier. I would love to get this working tonite. I emailed Felix but he must be busy. Thanks.