Topic: how do I create pop-up windows for caption links?

help!

how do I create pop-up windows for caption links?

Re: how do I create pop-up windows for caption links?

What I am trying to do is create hyperlinks within the captions for my simple viewer gallery that open up the new website address in a new browser window, rather than replace the simple viewer gallery page.  This is especially important considering that I have the simple viewer gallery open up from our website in a pop-up window that does not have any scrollbars or another way to navigate back to our home page.  Does anyone know how to code this within the "gallery.xml" document?

Because of the restrictions on typing website address in the forum, I cannot include  the code I would normallywrite for an HTML page, but it doesn't work anyway.

To get an idea of what I am looking at, go to the home page of my company "buildcreativegroup"  and click on "main portfolio."  Sorry I can't include a website address, but if you type "buildcreativegroup" into Google, the draft version of my website is the second item.

you need to add a target parameter like this:

<caption><!&#91;CDATA&#91;<u><a href="index.html" target="_blank">Click here</a></u>&#93;&#93;></caption>
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you Felix for the quick reply, and yes, using a target="_blank" somewhat helps, but that doesn't solve most of the problem. 

Which is this:  I use simple viewer pro within a pop-up window that I dictate to not have any user side controls such as the navigation bar, scrollbars, or resizeability.  So when attempting to show off the websites that we have worked on, these links will open up in a new tab within the preestablished pop-up window, if the user is using Firefox as a web browser. 

Yes yes, I know.  The average Internet surfer is still using Internet Explorer, but it would certainly be good to code our site for universality.

I'm sorry, never mind.  I realized that under my Firefox options I had selected "new pages should be opened in a new tab" rather than "in a new window."  so I guess this isn't something that I can control from the designs side. :cry: