Topic: White X's instead of images on embeded viewer in webpage.

i have a problem  with an embeded simple viwer in an existing webpage.
they wouldn't let me post my first question with all my code ... cause i am new (that bites) ... so i doubt my question can be answered without all that information!!

anywa .. the gallery shows up inside my webpage ... it works, etc ... but the most important thing isn't there . . . THE IMAGES!! it is just big white X's. i have links at the top of  that webpage  to go to different galleries. i understand how to do that. NOW, the way i have it set up now .. it opens with the gallery (no images) in my webpage .. and the link i made at the top to practice ... goes to thew actual gallery, with all the pictures and even shows the background i set for it. the gallery looks great, but i don;t want it to open in a new window ... i want it to open inside this webpage ... where it is now sitting, just without pictures.

i have checked the paths a million times ... tried the ../../ blah blah. moved some files at first, because it said 'gallerty not found'. so i pulled the gallery.xml, the viewer.swf & the .js file inot my main html files .. this is when  the 'gallery not found' turned inot the white X's and worked like it should (just without any images)

is anyoneo out there grasping my problem?

please help!!

i can't post my code until i write 5 posts ... so please ignore if i post  4 others to get to where i want  :-)

please respond asap if you have any solutions for me.

thanks alot.

Re: White X's instead of images on embeded viewer in webpage.

Hi,

is your gallery working on your local machine? If so, check the FAQ, Q4: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

If you want to have mulitple galleries, check Q16 on the FAQ: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

my gallery is working locally.  it's all great in it's own window. but the one that i have embeded inside my page, only gives me white X's.

i am eventually going to have multiple galleries in the same page, but i want  to get this one working before i carry on with that.  i have checked  the faq page you referred me to.

so bottom line . . . i have a menu above the non-working gallery, with a link to the gallery in it's own window .. works & looks great. but the gallery that actuially loads inside my table in the same page .... loads like it is going to work, but then the white X's show. the captions  are all there.

i feel like it is just one slash or a piece of code i am overlooking  . ..  perhaps the  path?

well, i have gotten no help with my problem & it is driving me crazy when i see otther sites with the embedded player inside of them.

does paying money for the simple viewer pro get better results in problem solving!?  my problem can't be that difficult to solve .. someone .. anyone??  but i have seen the same problem numerous times through this forum and no answers.

HELP HELP HELP

if better help means byuing the pro, i will do it, money is not an issue, results are!

thanks .. i hope!

so, i have tried & tried and  still having no luck. i had the pictures showing up inside my site for abit, then i messed with something andf i am back to the white X's.

my first two upper links "sour" & "baked goods"  (are the only two i have built) when ckicked, they open and work . . . but i need them to be INSIDE the table in my site ... so the menu's remain. i have looked at the FAQ .. and done everything it says .. tried every combination /file path and still .. NO LUCK.
i think i have been trying to get this for long enough now that when i open the files to start working again .. i get totally confused! it seems easy enough to link to the index page in the subfolders .. which is what i've done on the  first 2 items on the menu ... but as you can clearly see ... it doesn't work the way i want it to.
http://www.pane-e-formaggio.com/products.html

can someone magically make it happen or explain in clear and simple terms lol