Topic: "swfobject is undefined"

i am trying to embed simpleviewer in an existing webpage. i pasted the code that was in the FAQ , for inserting into existing webpage.
but i keep getting the error "swfobject is undefined"

what is my problem?

Re: "swfobject is undefined"

and FYI . . . the swfobject.js is in the simpleviewer folder.

do you have this line at the top of the HTML?

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

yes, i have that code in the head tag

maybe this will help . . .

my webpage is

the gallery opens, no problem (with images) if you click the "breads-sourdough" above.
but i don't want a new window.

why am i not seeing my images inside the simpleviewer thats embeded?  i have a folder called "breads_sourdough" and inside that is the gallery.xml, the index.html, the swfobject.js  & viewer.swf. . . with of course the images & thumbs (folders) also inside the main folder ( breads_sourdough ). NO LUCK.

i havethis in the head tags: <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>

this is the code i have in the .html page (products) i am having the problem with.

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash.
<a href="">Get Macromedia Flash.</a>
If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "715", "500", "7", "#999966");
fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xffffff");
fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");

i started from scratch now, so this page finds the gallery, just that i get the X's instead of the images . . . as i said, only in the embeded page .. if you cllick the 'breads-sourdough" you will see that the gallery is there.

the reason the Xs show is that the simpleviewer SWF cannot find the images as they are not in the folder.

If you are trying to switch between multiple SV galleries there are 2 methods:

1) Create a separate folder for each SV gallery and use your top navigation to navigate to the required folder. Check Q16 on the FAQ: … r/faq.html

2) Use an iFrame to load your separate galleries into 1 page. Do a seacrh for iFrame in this forum to get more info.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.