Topic: multiple galleries

how do you get 2 or more galleries embedded in the same html page?
if each of them refer to "gallery.xml", and you are not able to change its name...
or are you? :oops:
i mean, i have to have all the files from simpleviewer in the same folder as the html file, so i changed "index.html" to "index1.html" or "index2.html" (to be able to have them all together), but if i do the same with "gallery.xml" it wont work.
do i make myself clear?
HOW DO I DO THAT ? :x
thanks

Re: multiple galleries

same here. is this possible with multiple xml files?

Do you want the multiple galleries to display on the one page at the same time???

Either way, when you embed simpleviewer you tell it the name of the xml file:

fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");

So you can call the xml files whatever you like. You can even use PHP to dynamically generate the xml (flickrviewer and picasaviewer do this).

Ben

View your PicasaWeb albums in SimpleViewer using [url=http://benhughes.freehostia.com/picasaviewer/]PicasaViewer[/url]

Do you want the multiple galleries to display on the one page at the same time???

Either way, when you embed simpleviewer you tell it the name of the xml file:

So you can call the xml files whatever you like. You can even use PHP to dynamically generate the xml (flickrviewer and picasaviewer do this).

Ben

do i have to do this in my gallery too?

forum/viewtopic.php?t=4682

What do you mean? The code I showed is part of the script that you use to embed simpleviewer in an html page - it's in the example index.html that comes with simpleviewer. If you're not using it I doubt simpleviewer will work.

I see from your thread that you're using flash to load simpleviewer - sorry I don't have any experience with that. However I'm sure you'll have to somehow tell it where the gallery.xml file is.

Ben

View your PicasaWeb albums in SimpleViewer using [url=http://benhughes.freehostia.com/picasaviewer/]PicasaViewer[/url]

do you know who i have to tell where the gallery.xml finds?

viewer.swf

Ben

do you know to tell the xml to viewer.swf ?

This might help http://www.kematica.com/labs/multiplesv.html

Good luck!

hey guys .. i had the same problem for weeks and weeks .. and noone was giving me answers. i finally got it when i used <iframes></iframes>

i had it working minutes later. its one simple code intoyour html page you want the multiple galleries on, then sized to how you need it to fit.
check it out at http://www.pane-e-formaggio.com/products.html

this way .. you just make a folder for each category .. with the index.html , gallery.xml and all the files in each one. i just linked to the index page of each subfolder and used a "target=internal" to change from index page to index page. i did the dance of happiness the day i accomplished that. my neck is still sore from all those long frustrating hours trying to do it the other way.

good luck

i have done the kematica tutorial. but its an older one.

I have found out that i have to tell the viewer.swf the path where the xml finds.
Anybody knows how i can write it in Flash and give the 3 different viewer.swf´s the path?

something like that...

I have the same problem I would like to make multiples galleries but just the first works. I made multiples folder with each files in each folder but the first keeps working and not the second one, I tried many things since yesterday but nothing works, somebody could help me please?

I have the same problem I would like to make multiples galleries but just the first works. I made multiples folder with each files in each folder but the first keeps working and not the second one, I tried many things since yesterday but nothing works, somebody could help me please?

I have the same problem.....don't understand it: just one of the galleries is showing, even when you click on the second one (gallery 2) the first one (gallery 1) is again displayed... sad
Images are all the same if you click the first or the second one although they are different in gallery.xml and gallery2.xml?

I realise this thread has been bumped by a spammer recently but for TheCat and any others still trying to get multiple galleries to work on a single page:

The following code should be in the <head> tags:

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>

The following code should be in the <body> tags:

<div id="gallery1"></div>    
<div id="gallery2"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer1", "640", "480", "8", "#181818"&#41;;
fo.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "gallerydata1.xml"&#41;;  
fo.write&#40;"gallery1"&#41;;

var so = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer2", "640", "480", "8", "#181818"&#41;;
so.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "gallerydata2.xml"&#41;;  
so.write&#40;"gallery2"&#41;;

</script>

The key is to have 2 separate divs (above named gallery1 and gallery 2) each embedded separately with individual xml files.

NB I'm using SWFObject 2.1 to embed my SimpleViewer galleries (not backwards compatible with SWFObject 1.5... different syntax) so haven't actually tried the above code but don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

DELETED

Thx monkeyboy & Salik...

I will try it and let you know

By the way: k*ll the spammers, damn f*ckers I hate them :twisted:

YES!!!! lol

I changed the codes like you said monkeyboy and it works, thank you very much for your help!!!!

You're welcome!
Glad you've got it working.

Steven Speirs

There's an example showing multiple SV galleries on one page here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … viewer_x2/

Felix Turner

Hey,

sorry to bump this topic but it fits here.

I am making a flash site and want to have multiple galleries (not on 1 page) but on different pages of my flash site.

When I make different folders for simpleviewer and on every page I add then the specific viewer in every page.

example:

people/viewer.swf
nature/viewer.swf

But the problem is that the viewer only looks for the gallery.xml in the root folder and not in the folder I linked to. Because of this I get an error that gallery.xml is missing.

How can I solve this? (btw I got the pro version but the example is in actionscript 2 and I am making it in actionscript 3)

Thank you in advance

found it by edditing source files.

Now I have another problem.

When I open de swf files there isn't any problem,

but when I import it to my flash site, many strange thins happen.

example:

only one pic gets loaded,
next buttons don't work,

i imported it with component window

anyone can help how you normally add a flash file in a flash site?

Thanks

Hey,

k so this is the problem:

I got different swf files for my different portfolio albums (people, nature, architecture,...) They all work seperatly, they also all work seperatly on my flash website.

But when I put them all together (on different pages and these pages can't load together) I get some weird stuff:

- simpleviewer isn't on its place anymore
- can't use next, previous button
- only shows first picture

I really don't know what the problem is, I used the source code and created with this my sepperate files.

Hope someone can help

Carl

Did you look at the multiple gallery FLA in the Pro examples?

Felix Turner