Topic: Is there any way to add video?

So I have been messing around with AutoViewer and I really like the way it displays photos.

Is there a good way to run video in AutoViewer?

I have been doing all kinds of experiments and have not had any acceptable results.

If I make a SWF with an attached FLV, AutoViewer displays the FLV icon (flashing like crazy) and the rest of the frame is white. It appears that AutoViewer can not handle it. That is consistent with other comments that I have read in the forums.

Do a search for:
FLV Issues
FLVs....please?
Videos

I created a SWF file that has video embedded into the file.

Autoviewer sees the SWF and it plays. Cool, but now how do I control the video? AutoViewer appears to tell the SWF to loop. The SWF has a stop action and in the flash player it plays once and stops. It would be nice if AutoViewer would better handle the video end of things. If AutoViewer would recognize a SWF with a FLA attachment along with a controller actions (like a youtube video) that would be awesome. I would pay for that.

Would the professional version solve this problem?

I am I the only one that wants to put photos and video on the internet using AutoViewer?

Re: Is there any way to add video?

I am I the only one that wants to put photos and video on the internet using AutoViewer?

No, you are not  wink

If AutoViewer would recognize a SWF with a FLA attachment along with a controller actions (like a youtube video) that would be awesome. I would pay for that.

I agree with you and i hope that Felix will answer us

I would also like to use this option.

The original poster on this post:

airtightinteractive . com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13467#13467

Has managed to get embedded swf's with their own hotspots working, but he has changed the way the autoviewer is laid out, as well as some font changes.

I have posted there asking if Felix has an answer.

the link you gave doesn't work anymore.. can anyone point me to a discussion where a video is sucesfully added to the player ?I tried renaming the swf to jpg, as one user suggested, but it doesn't work. ( I can hear the music is playing but the video is scrambled ).

I would really like the video to work.. I hope someone can be helpful.
thanks