Topic: Multiple Galleries loading into one swf not working??

I can't for the life of me figure out why this doesn't work.

I have a main swf file with an empty movie clip which I want to load different galleries into depending where the user is in the site. Whichever gallery is loaded first works fine, but all subsequent galleries will always load the same images as whichever one was loaded first.

What am I missing here? There are separate viewer.swf files and xml files for each. I've tried them all in the same directory, broken out into their own sub-directories. Nothing seems to work.

Does this method not work with the Autoviewer? I've seen posts mentioning some "load multiple galleries" example, but don't seem to have it anywhere.

JB

Re: Multiple Galleries loading into one swf not working??

I'm having the same issue. I have a flash file with navigation that is loading a galleries located in seperate directorites. I've made the xml file name unique and have changed the name and path in the options.as but whichever gallery loads first, that gallery is used for all links. This would make sense if the xml files were named the same but they are not.

If anyone has the solution to this please advise.

thanks

same issue here, please if someone knows a way to load two different galleries in a flash movie let us know, thank you

Same problem here. Tried everything (within my reach). I have multiple .swf's, multiple .xml's, divided in subdirectories. They work properly (stand-alone) but as soon as I load them in my main  .swf it's repeatedly showing only the first .swf. I also tried using different target mc's but still the same problem. I'm getting pretty desperate, really wanna make this work sad

So please, Airtight, Felix, anyone?!

Regards.

same problem...
I couldn't find a solution...

I think it's something in the function

public function loadXML():Void{                                
        xmlResults.load(Options.XMLPath);                
    }

it seems the XMLPath it's not updated when the user clicks the link that opens the 2nd and the next galleries.

for the moment, I'll solve the issue opening the galleries in an other html page, but I hope this bug could be solved, or the autoviewer will risk to be completely useless in a website built entireley in flash.
regards.

Cube, you are near, its in function loadXML()

You can view the final solution in the post named XMLPath

(Forum system dont allow me to publish any link)

Its easy

TomasCrespo, sorry can't find the post. can you be more specific about the location? thanks

or anyone: I'm sure there's a post for this problem. can't find it though....
thanks again

h t t p hmm/www airtightinteractive com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=600&highlight=xmlpath

To load multiple autoviewer-pro galleries into a shell swf, check the 'multiple_galleries.fla' example in the Pro download.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.