Topic: HELP, HELP. HELP a newbie!!!!

Just love this gallery.... but I do something wrong when I try to republish the fla file.... I am neither an experienced flash or xml user, but knows a bit...

I have done the following:
Copied all the files from the web folder to a new "myfolder". Also copied the .fla file. (is that wrong to copy it toi same folder?)

I get an error, the flash file loops, the preloader keeps flashing but the gallery is not loaded. It finds the xmlgallery-file (I suceeded after a couple of days working to get the names correct in the xml) But why does it loop?

Do I have to make changes in the flashfile to make the flow work? I can see when I debug, that it is the stagemanager-sentence (line 30) in the actions that comes out with errors.... : The class or interface 'StageManager' could not be loaded. I can also see that the profile of the .fla file is flash-MX, is that allright, I am working with CS3?

I am a little in the dark about the placement of files, please help me if you can, so I can down to the fun part: customizing :-)

Thanks in advance, Charlotte

Re: HELP, HELP. HELP a newbie!!!!

Hi,

to customize your SWF:

1)  Make a copy of the entire SV-PRO folder that you downloaded.

2) Make your changes to the source code as described in section 2 here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … ation.html

3) Now, republish your swf as described in section 2.5 here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … html#repub

It's not a good idea to move around the FLA relative to the other files in the source folder, as this will break the compilation.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you so much Felix, I will do that today.... I didn't think I needed to copy the entire SV-folder, but just the templates I needed :-) Okay.

So when I am going to upload to my webserver, will I also need to upload the entire SV folder, or just the files I use?

Charlotte

Another question: What embedd method would you guys recommend, performance wise: to embedd in HTML and make links to multiple galleries or to embedd in flash and load multiple galleries into that??

best regards and thanks ... Charlotte