Topic: SV Pro- multiple different galleries all display same images

First off, it would be very easy for anyone to see the problem on my site but since this is my first post I can't post the link.

Here is the problem:

I have 7 different galleries that live on 7 different html pages.

The code of each page references the galleries in each of their respective folders.

Code example:

nevermind, this site won't let me post this information, even without referencing my website address...

Folders Example:

root/
     /external media
         /cats
             images folder
             thumbs folder
             gallery.xml
             index.html
             swfobject.js
             viewer.swf

There is also a gallery.xml file in the root folder

When you go to each respective gallery page (like the cats gallery) it is only pulling up the images from the dogs gallery, which the gallery.xml file in the root folder is indexing.

For reasons I don't understand, when each page loads, it ONLY references (looks for) the gallery.xml file in the ROOT folder, not the individual gallery folders.

Example from 'activity viewer'

my site address/cats.html
my site address/cats.html
my site address/catsmedia/catshdrimg.jpg
my site address/common.css
my site address/externalmedia/cats/viewer.swf
my site address/gallery.xml
my site address/ie_noclick.js
my site address/images/Annie-Fall.jpg
my site address/images/Bailey.jpg
my site address/images/Bandit.jpg

Question:

what file references the gallery.xml file?

in other words, what is telling SV to look for the gallery.xml file in the root folder, and not the individual galleries folders that are referenced to in the html code?

I need to have each html gallery page display the images from that respective gallery folder.

Where do I put the files and what changes do I need to make to the code in order to make this happen?

I feel like there is a simple solution that I am overlooking.

P.S. I love SV Pro!! Great program.

Thanks a million!!

Re: SV Pro- multiple different galleries all display same images

SimpleViewer looks for the xml file relative to the HTML page that is containing the SWF. So if you are loading multiple SWFs into 1 HTML page it won't work (unless you do some javascript to dynamically set the xmlDataPath). The easiest way is to create seperate HTML pages for each gallery. See example here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … /gallery1/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,

Thanks so much for this reply!

Each gallery does have it's own unique html page.

So they look like this:

Dogs gallery has dogs.html, with code on each gallery html file pointing to the swf file.

Cats gallery has cats.html

Other pets: otherpets.html

and so on...

What is really weird here is that SV is only searching for the gallery.xml file in the root folder, which contains all of the gallery html pages, but it's the gallery FOLDERS that contain the individual gallery.xml files I want SV to point to.

It sounds like no matter where you place the html file and gallery.xml file, they need to be in the SAME directory/folder on the server, correct?

So in other words, my gallery html pages are only referencing the gallery.xml file that they are because they are in the same root directory.

It sounds like what needs to happen is the gallery html pages need to be moved to a separate unique folder, and the gallery.xml file for that specific gallery needs to be placed in the same level of the new folder, and then the gallery elements within.

Does this sound right?

Yes, each gallery HTML page should be in a separate gallery folder, along with the gallery's XML file. If you want the HTML file to be in a separate folder to the XML, you can use the xmldataPath option described here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … omize.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.