Topic: flash, multiple galleries, buildgallery.php help

i've got multiple galleries in a flash site. i followed the sample given with the pro version and it all works fine and dandy. my problem is trying to get the buildgallery.php to build the seperate galleries. i know absolutely nothing about php and changing things, so please do your best to walk me through it step by step if it's possible.

i'm trying to get something where buildgallery.php will make the xml, etc. for each specific gallery. i can't figure out how to get it to make the specific file name (ie: gallery1.xml, gallery2.xml...) and also make the xml pull up the desired images and thumbs folders for each specific gallery.

i've tried making seperate folders for each gallery with a buildgallery.php in each folder, but then for some reason things get confused and it can't find the correct images and thumbs folder.

i assume there is an easy solution and i just dont know anything about any of the coding to figure it out on my own. can anyone help? thanks in advance!

Re: flash, multiple galleries, buildgallery.php help

i've tried making seperate folders for each gallery with a buildgallery.php in each folder, but then for some reason things get confused and it can't find the correct images and thumbs folder.

This is the way to go. You will need to modify the generated gallery.xml files to add the correct thumbPath and imagePath values. Check the xml files in the 'Flash Embed' example.

thumbPath="gallery1/thumbs/" imagePath="gallery1/images/" 
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: flash, multiple galleries, buildgallery.php help

cool. yeah, that's what i've got. i was just hoping to make it more "automated" to where each buildgallery.php in each folder automatically made the correct image and thumb paths for it's xml.

as it is right now, i have to run the buildgallery, download the gallery.xml, change the paths, then re-upload the xml.

i guess i'm trying to take out the "middleman"...which is me...haha.

thanks!