Topic: Not working in Firefox

Dear readers,

I love the service you provide and it all looks awsome, but I encountered a problem in using your suplied system. I made a gallery for test and to make the layout, and uploaded it onto my website. Right now I got it working in both Internet Explorer and Opera, while in Mozilla FireFox I only get white crosses in stead of the usual images. I asked several other people and there was only one who didn't get the crosses. I was wondering what the cause of this might be and what the solution to this problem is.

I hope to hear a solution to his soon,

Yours sincerely,
Duelist Dx

Re: Not working in Firefox

I have the same probleme above, it works fine with IE, but in Mozilla Firefox(2.0.0.7) all I have it's empty thumbs boxes !!!

this should have something to do with my browser ?!

check the letter cases of your image and thumb filenames match those in the gallery.xml file.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

its all right, I deleted the gallery.xml, the images in "thunbs" filder and rebuild my gallery but now I have a different probleme, in Mozilla firefoxe and in IE, I can see thambs, but the main image in center no, it is replaced by a white cross !!!!!!!!

Everything perfectly matches in both dirs and the gallery .xml.  In fact they are just numbers, like 1.JPG/40.JPG

In both IE and Opera they work fine

All extensions must be lower case ".jpg"

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

All extensions must be lower case ".jpg"

Still no diffference :cry:

Works fine for me in FF.

As said in FAQ #4... if all files and xml match and hotlink protection is disabled the gallery works just fine in any browser. I have used it many many times on many many servers and always the hotlink protection was the issue.

It has nothing to do with the browser you're using, I always work with firefox and never have any problems....

Just check the links between your gallery and the html-page and the correct names of the images/thumbs, if that's alright you shouldn't have any problems with images/galleries not showing..