Topic: Simple Viewer works locally, does not when ftp'd to server

I have created a photo gallery using simple viewer.  It looks great and works flawlessly from my local machine.  However, when I upload the site to my server (doteasy) everything seems fine.  I get no error messages.  When I look at the site from the internet and try to go to the gallery, it begins to load and hangs up on the "loading xml data" black screen.  Does anyone know why this keeps hanging up?

Re: Simple Viewer works locally, does not when ftp'd to server

did you upload the XML file?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Also check the file permissions.

Ben

View your PicasaWeb albums in SimpleViewer using [url=http://benhughes.freehostia.com/picasaviewer/]PicasaViewer[/url]

I believe that the problem is that the iPhoto export only works with SimpleViewer 1.7 and my hosting site uses SimpleViewer 1.8.  So apparently they are incompatable.  I am going to try to create galleries with out using the iPhoto export.  Maybe that will work.  Unless someone has any better ideas.  Thanks.

I believe that the problem is that the iPhoto export only works with SimpleViewer 1.7 and my hosting site uses SimpleViewer 1.8.  So apparently they are incompatable.  I am going to try to create galleries with out using the iPhoto export.  Maybe that will work.  Unless someone has any better ideas.  Thanks.