Topic: Simple Viewer Pro for Wordpress?

Is there a version of Simple Viewer Pro that exists as a Wordpress plug-in? I'm basically looking for something more customizable than the free version so I can tweak fonts, spacing between elements, etc.

Re: Simple Viewer Pro for Wordpress?

It is possible to use SimpleViewer-PRO with the  WP-SimpleViewer wordpress plugin.

To do this you make your modifications to SV-PRO, publish your SWF, then replace the 'viewer.swf' file in the WP-SimpleViewer folder with your new SWF.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hello,

I'm sorry to bring up such an old topic, but I'm struggling with making this work and this is the only thread I found on the subject.

I am using the WP Simpleviewer plugin and I just purchased Simpleviewer Pro so I could customize more than the plugin allows (caption location, arrows, etc). 

Can you let me know exactly what steps I should take in order to do this?  I see that the Options.as file is what I edit, but I'm not sure how to integrate the whole pro version with the plugin.

To integrate the pro version with the plugin you will have to make the changes you desire to simpleviewer republish the viewer.swf and copy it to the plugin folder the contains the viewer.swf.

more info on pro options and republishing can be found here.
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … ation.html

Mike Richards

Thanks for your reply.  I'm still a bit confused.

Are you saying that I should install simpleview pro somewhere on the server, publish a gallery, and then copy the viewer.swf into the plugin to make it work there, too?  So, I would have two instances of the gallery? 

If I should publish it somewhere else first, where?  Inside Wordpress or in a separate directory?

No you will only have one gallery.

You have the plugin installed now correct? In the plugin folder on the server there should be a copy viewer.swf. Replace the viewer.swf in the plugin folder with the pro version of the viewer.swf you have downloaded and modified.

Mike Richards

Yes, I have the plugin installed and working correctly.  And I replaced the viewer.swf file with the pro one, but all that did was take the simpleviewer link off the page. 

I need to edit several things (like caption placement, etc) and I thought that had to be done in the Options.as file.  I don't know where to put that file to make the customizations work.

Make your changes in the Opiton.as file, change anything else you want to change and then you will have to republish the viewer.swf. Once you make your changes and republish take that copy of viewer.swf and use it to replace the one in the plugin folder.

Mike Richards

Okay, it's making more sense to me.  Do you know if there's a way to do this that doesn't require using flash to edit? 

I'm going to look into downloading a free trial....

Got it!  I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Flash CS4 and everything is working for me now.  Thanks so much for helping me understand!  smile