Topic: clicking on image sends to URL

would be cool to have the option to add an href parameter for each image so when you click on each image it can open up a link you specify to a different URL.

Re: clicking on image sends to URL

Also I request this function...

I third that request!

I agree. I need this feature, too!

that would be a great addition!

Oh man, do I need this! And it's a natural extension of the app.

Yes indeed, I'm surprised it hasn't been added yet like some of the functionality of other Airtight apps. It's the only thing holding me back from using this instead of dinosaur-old ways of rotating ads on browser refreshes via Javascript:(

This will definitely go in the next version. The only question is how the clickable image will work with the Next/Back buttons?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hi
I would definitely like to include hyperlinks to photos as well as email address instead. would that be possible?

can this be done via the captions code?

ps: autoviewer rocks big_smile  smile  tongue

Yep, using the images to link to other pages would be extremely useful for me too.

i support this too!

any ETA of the new version?

If you add this I'll buy the pro version immediately.

Felix,

Here is a way of having the IMAGE LINK FUNCTION working in tandem with the FORWARD/BACK BUTTON. Restrict the FORWARD/BACK FUNCTION to clicks ONLY over the FORWARD/BACK BUTTON. You'll then be free to delineate an IMAGE LINK FUNCTION to all the clicks over the image, which are not also clicks over the FORWARD/BACK BUTTON.

Best, Andre

Yep this would be useful, also as a new user is it possible to make a list in the caption and have each item a link to a website?
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I could most certainly use this for the site I'm building, with plans for autoviewer pro.

The only question is how the clickable image will work with the Next/Back buttons?

Perhaps scoot those buttons down next to the play buttons, either as an option or for good? and allow the upper 2/3 to be clickable. Or perhaps have an option to disable them? Or both? Now i'm just being greedy.

I hope to use it as a sort of feature/event previewer for a film festival website homepage with the ability to click through to the event the picture is promoting.

Autoviewer is much more lightweight and easy to customize, beyond being much nicer to look at and easier to use than any others i've seen. Very classy!

Agreed, would love to see this

Hi Felix,

When can you have this feature ready, im just waiting for this to use for my website and willing to pay for it, as the autoviewer is nice and easy to use fast and looks good.  Just need to be able to click any photo to bring the user to an enlarged version of that photo and its perfect

thanks

chris

Hi.  Just thought I'd share a work around that I've implemented.  It's a bit raw, but does the trick for me.

Simply create a transparent gif image (1px x 1px will do)...and make sure it is completely transparent (i.e opacity at 0%).

In the XML caption tag for the image use the CDATA structure to allow html and wrap your link around the stretched transparent gif

I tried to put a code example, but because I'm new it wouldn't let me.  Hopefully it makes sense from the description.

The link doesn't cover the entire pic, but still a large chunk.

An example here : web-o-matic co nz/our-work

Hopefully someone use will also find a use for this smile

Any news on this topic?

I'd like to see this feature (Clicking Image will open a Link).