Topic: Eliminating Top Buffer Space

My first post - Attempt Number 2.  Attempt Number 1 had a hyperlink in it and this is my first day so it did not allow it.  I do not want to wait 5 days or do a bunch of bogus posts in order to get help on this.   :evil:  UGH!

Ok, if you go to OwenImages DOT com and click on NATURE (none of the other galleries are functional yet), you will see there is a lot of vertical space between the top of the first image that loads and my navigation bar above it.  I want that space eliminated.  If you click on the CONTACT page, that is just a basic page but you will see what I want, everything is much higher on the page and I do not have that huge buffer.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Re: Eliminating Top Buffer Space

Ok, I am guessing it is Options.as that needs to be edited.

I think I might have to change fixedLayout:Boolean = false to true
then scroll down to the bottom and then scroll down to the  bottom and edit FIXED LAYOUT POSITION OPTIONS and change imageAreaY:Number to 0 instead of 10?

Will this do it? Or am I now going to have to muck with all of the other settings because I implemented fixedLayout .....hmmmm

Ok, that did not work.  That made 0 space between the image and thumbs.  Hmmmm

Check the FAQ, Q17: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, I did...BUT when I change #flashcontent height from 760 to say, 725 the whole thing moves up a little which is great but then Photo Caption is Cut Off.  This is confusing.  That would not be that big of a deal if I can figure out how to move the Photo Caption to where the Gallery Title is supposed to go...and not use the gallery title(which I am not using right now)...but that is going tobe another problem all together.

Ok, I changed the flashcontent height to 689.  I think this should take into account the following:
Tallest Image=602
Space between Image and Thumbnail=15 (future location of caption)
Thumbnail=65
MaxThumbNail Border=5 I think
Then when you click a thumbnail it moves down 2 or something like that.
So that equals 689.
I plan on moving the caption underneath the image rather than underneath the thumbnails so that getting chopped off is not an issue right now.

If I reduce the 689 the image shrinks and I do not want to do that but there is still a good bit of vertical spacing between the TOP of the tallest image and the top of the swf.

Any additional help is greatly appreciated.

Ok I messed with the StageManager.as file to get the Caption exactly where I wanted it.  I changed the following...commented out the original:

//mCaption_mc._y = thumbY + mThumbArea.height +mThumbArea.navHeight + Thumb.padding;

mCaption_mc._y = thumbY - (Thumb.padding + mTitle_mc.txtText.textHeight + 6);

Then I changed the gallery.xml stagepadding to 19 and changed the flashcontent div height to 693.

Perfect....but now if I can get back to the original problem and move the top of the tallest photo to the top of the .swf which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 pixels I will be all set.

Please help.

If you want to align the viewer elements to specific pixel positions, the easiest way is to use the Fixed Layout AS Options: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.