Topic: arrow-buttons out of place

Hi,

Firstly I just want to say thanks for creating such great program. I had a go at making a kind of flash image album thing myself and it was pretty terrible, then, thankfully i found your site.

Anyway, in trying to get simpleviewer working i ran into a strange issue. Im trying to use 800x600 (landscape & portrait) images, i used picasa to create the album, thumbnails on the bottom, and everything seemed fine. But then i noticed, when viewing it windowed (IE6) the 'next' arrow of the portrait images didn't show up correctly, that is, when you hover over the edges of the image nothing show up, the active hover region actually ends up further out from the image edge, if that makes sense...

Its fine when the browser window is maximised and only happens with the portrait images. Also when i reduce the maxImageHeight and Width settings from 800 to 600 the problem goes away, but i'd rather not have to do that.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks

Re: arrow-buttons out of place

do you have a frame graphic built into the images?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You mean like a border? Nope, they're just resized photos from a digital camera.

Ive also noticed if i change the thumbnail location to left or right its fine, it only happens when "navPosition" is top or bottom.

Turns out it also happens to the landscape images if the window is made small enough.

I just uploaded a basic simpleview config as a test and sure enough it happened. Could it possibly just be IE6?

ellisarchitects.co.nz/simpleviewer/

This is a known issue.

The hotspots for the next/back arrows are determined from the entire image area, not individually for each image. The left third is the back hotspot and the right third is the next hotspot. So if you have some really skinny images, the hotspot area maybe off the edge of the image. The reason this is like this, rather than determining the hotspot for each image (which is how it was in SV v1.7), is to prevent the user having to move his mouse when clicking through skinny and wide images.

So the solutions are to use v1.7, use some different sized images, or just don't worry about it.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.