Topic: Bug in Flash 9.0r16: center stage placed at upper left

When I view my copy and the demo of TiltViewer (at this domain /projects/tiltviewer/app/ ) in Windows XP, Firefox 2 or Opera 9, I see the center tile placed in the upper left corner of the window instead of centering in the window. (No problem in IE 7.) This is also true in the version my client bought last week. I've tried a number of CSS tricks and can center it, but then the stage is cut off (i.e., it still places the images in the upper left corner of the Flash stage).

You can view a screenshot of the issue here (mangled to allow me to post it):
kelvin DOT bivia DOT com SLASH tiltviewer-bug.png

Seems to me the calculation for figuring out the center is returning 0,0 or NaN or some such.

I'd appreciate a rapid fix, since my client bought this for a presentation on Thursday.

Thanks!

[edited subject to reflect issues discovered below]

Re: Bug in Flash 9.0r16: center stage placed at upper left

Hi,

I've not seen this issue before.

What happens when you resize the browser?
Which version of the Flash player do you have installed?
Can you replicate on a different machine?

thanks.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

What happens when you resize the browser?

The stage stays centered in the upper left, regardless of window configuration.

Which version of the Flash player do you have installed?
Can you replicate on a different machine?

This wound up being the key. I tested on a different machine with Firefox 1.5 and 1.0, and both worked fine. So I looked deeper at the Flash versions, and it appears the revision (not even a minor version change!) has a fix:

FF 1.5 and 1.0, Flash 9.0 r45: works fine
FF 2.0 and Opera, Flash 9.0 r16: buggy

Naturally, to test out the theory, I upgraded the Firefox 2 to the most recent release (Flash 9.0 r47), and now it works swimmingly. It wasn't until after I upgraded that I realized you might have needed me to test any fixes. sad

So, the problem gets fixed somewhere between 9.0 r16 and r45. I don't have earlier versions than 9.0 to test on.

I've confirmed this is a bug happening with Flash Player 9 r16. The solution is to require Flash Player 9 r28 or higher. To do this, replace this line in the HTML page:

var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "shell", "100%", "100%", "9", "#000000");

with this:

var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "shell", "100%", "100%", "9.0.28", "#000000");
Felix Turner

I too had the same problem.

Felix if you need to test TiltViewer-Pro in different browsers, check out;

browsershots[DOT]org

for TiltViewer-Pro at;

browsershots[DOT]org/[BIT WITH HTT.. until all W's] airtightinteractive [DOT] com/projects/tiltviewer/app/

Riz1

Hi,
     oddly on I.E 7 this is happening to me as well,

works fine on firefox and I.E 6. Before I start playing around with the css I was wondering if anybody new any fixes, cheers !

tom :cry:

The fix is in my post above.

Felix Turner