Topic: Align "SimpleViewer Pro" on top of page?

Hi
Before I'm going to purchase "SimpleViewer Pro" I'd be interested into the following question:
Is it possible to customize "SimpleViewer Pro" so that the viewer is vertically aligned on the  t o p  of the page and not in the center?
We loose a lot of worthless space with "SimpleViewer"  (frieman (dot) ch > cards)

Thks a lot for useful hints!

Re: Align "SimpleViewer Pro" on top of page?

To reduce the spacing above the gallery, try making your SWF smaller in the HTML and aligning it to the top of the page. Also check the FAQ, Q17: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I just purchased SimpleViewer Pro. Great tool, thanks!

A further refinement of the question above, is it possible to align both the block of thumbnail images and the main images to be flush with the top of the SWF, regardless of whether the main images are in "portrait" or "landscape" orientation? The default seems to be to center the main image vertically in the available space.

I found the answer by reading through the forums and messing around with options in the various .as files in the class...

Specifically, edited Image.as, changing one of the lines to:

imgX = Math.round((w-imgW)/2) + fw;
imgY = fw;

That leaves the "portrait"-oriented images centered horizontally but top-aligned.

To left-align portrait images you would just use:

imgX = fw;
imgY = fw;

thanks for sharing.

Felix Turner

Hi,
What should I do to do the same thing for block of thumbnail images?

thanks
nick

I found the answer by reading through the forums and messing around with options in the various .as files in the class...

Specifically, edited Image.as, changing one of the lines to:

imgX = Math.round((w-imgW)/2) + fw;
imgY = fw;

That leaves the "portrait"-oriented images centered horizontally but top-aligned.

To left-align portrait images you would just use:

imgX = fw;
imgY = fw;

There is a ThumbArea.as file you might try to tweak, but in this case, you might be better off editing Options.as, setting line 17 to true (to set static layout).

static var fixedLayout:Boolean = true;

And then setting the x- and y-coordinates of the thumbnail block in lines 84 and 85 of Options.as:

static var thumbAreaX:Number = 500; //X posn of Thumb Area
static var thumbAreaY:Number = 10; //Y posn of Thumb Area 

to whatever values work best for your layout.

I found that it was a lot like designing a website: try a value, save, republish your .FLA file and preview the result, change again, preview again, etc. until you arrive at pixel-precision!

thanks

Line 235 of ThumbArea.as

Set y=10 (or however you want the vertical positioning)

Aligning the image and thumbnails to the top of the SWF is supported in SV v1.8.5 by using the 'vAlign' AS option: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner

For some reason that didn't work for me. There was still about 30 pixels or so of space where the flash title use to be (now set to false).

Set stagePadding = 0

Felix Turner