Topic: AlertBox: Where is the debugger or host application …

When viewing My TiltViewer site with Flickr configuration, a debugger window pops up "Where is the debugger or host application running?".

If I choose cancel, it goes away. But I dont find that verry userfriendly..

The error doesn’t appear on all computers, but happens both in IE7 an FF2 (WinXp)

I bought the TiltViewer Thusday Dec. 6. 2007

/Ronni

Re: AlertBox: Where is the debugger or host application …

Me too, only in opera, on notebook wink.. on my normal pc no messeges pop up.. I realy dont know why, but its depend on config. of browser?

It also happens when I view the airtightinteractive Tilt Viewer demo page. I have tried to deactivate all browser plug-ins, and reset my browser IE7 to the default setup, but it didn’t help.

Perhaps I should mention that as I am Danish, my keyboard setup is Danish, etc…

I am using both IE7 and Maxthon browsers on a PC and it happens to me too. My guess is it has something to do with one's Flash player configuration as to when and if it pops up and it does not have so much to do with the browser itself that you are running.

I also believe though there should be something that can be set in the configuration of TiltViewer which would provide the Flash player with a default setting for debugging which would then not cause it to prompt the viewer anymore when the Flash movie loads.

This is the only issue that really urks me about the program and I am waiting to get this solved before I put my gallery online with it as I believe it could trouble a lot of viewers who are not so computer savvy.

This is the only issue that really urks me about the program and I am waiting to get this solved before I put my gallery online with it as I believe it could trouble a lot of viewers who are not so computer savvy.

That’s exactly my worries too. Just as if I expected a visitor to download Firefox, only because my site didn’t work in Internet Explorer.

If only we had access to the .fla file  wink

Sothink SWF Decompiler

SWF Decompiler

I surely believe that the developer has protected his software better, than it can be decompiled with a tool like SWF Decompiling software from Sothink.

I hope he will take a look at this annoying bug, which several of us seams to have.

same on Safari and FF2 for mac.
Airtight? any thoughts? especially for those of us who paid money for this app?

Hi,

I don't see this issue when testing here. Can people replicate on the TiltViewer demo? http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … iewer/app/ ?

If so, please paste the exact error message that you see and/or a screengrab (when posting URLs, replace dots with spaces).

thanks!

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

[img]http://www.bangkokunderground.org/ScreenGrab.gif[/img]

Yes, occurs on your test site too.

Yes it's on the TiltViewer demo too.

It also happens when I view the airtightinteractive Tilt Viewer demo page. I have tried to deactivate all browser plug-ins, and reset my browser IE7 to the default setup, but it didn’t help.

It's the same error as marcbkk pasted on this page.

The good news is that this message only shows up if you have the debug flash player installed, so your regular website visitors will not see it.

I'm still investigating why this is happening at all. It's possibly caused by a bad install of the Flash debug player. There are 2 things to try:

1) Try installing the latest (non-debug) flash player and see if this fixes the error popup.

2) Do you see this error popup on other Flash 9 sites also? For example: http://kuler.adobe.com/

Felix Turner

No, it doesn't happen on that Adobe link you provided, although I can't get the site to download successfully. Maybe it is my internet connection timing out at the moment. I get an error message telling me it did not download successfully., whcih asks me if I would like to try again. It is a small dialogue box from Flash it looks like.

As far as I know though, I never installed a "Debug Version" of the Flash player. I am though running the Adobe Web Premium CS3 Suite and Flash is a part of that install. Where would we install a non debug version of the player itself though? And maybe it actually has something to do with our install's of Flash aurthoring program itself?

80% or more of the viewers won’t have the Flash program installed I belive, only a free version of the viewer they downloaded from the web in most cases.

This is what I see on the kuler.adobe.com site:
[img]http://eyepulse.com/arkiv/remotefiles/questionsasked/tiltviewerKuler.png[/img]

I believe it could have something to do with Adobe CS3. I also have CS3 installed on those 2 computers where I se the unwanted debugger popup.

As marcbkk also mention, I don’t either recall installing a debug version of the Flash player.

This issue is fixed in TiltViewer v1.3.

Felix Turner

As far as I can see, this issue has been fixed in the latest version of TiltVewer-Pro which I just downloaded. Has everyone else's findings been the same?