Topic: Maximum File Sizes & Limits With XML

I am trying to get an understanding of a couple of the settings in TiltViewer in regards to file sizes.

1 – In regards to 'maxJPGSize','640'; - Is this referring to total file size maximum or maximum width of the file in pixels?

2 – If it is maximum width, then what about for vertical photos, which are longer than they are wide?

3 – Is there a limit or recommended limit to the number of photos that can comfortably run in the viewer using the XML format? I think with Auto Viewer the maximum recommended number of images is 25 to 30 and was wondering with Title Viewer if it is similar.

Re: Maximum File Sizes & Limits With XML

1 – In regards to 'maxJPGSize','640'; - Is this referring to total file size maximum or maximum width of the file in pixels?

Use maxJPGSize for non-Flickr galleries. Set this value to the largest dimension (width or height) of your largest image. TiltViewer uses this value to proportionately scale your images to fit. Check here for a full list of all the config options with descriptions: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … ation.html

3 – Is there a limit or recommended limit to the number of photos that can comfortably run in the viewer using the XML format?

Since TiltViewer will split your gallery into multiple pages there is no real limit on the number of images.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Maximum File Sizes & Limits With XML

Thanks Felix. In that case I was wondering if there is an optimum size which would allow TiltViewer to render images with the same sharpness the photo has itself when looking at it on-screen using a regular graphics viewer? I would expect some softening and distortion from TiltViewer when rendering pictures on an angle, but even when looking at them at an angle which is straight and squared on the screen they appear a bit soft on the focus. I have been sizing images for TiltViewer at 640 on the width, which is within the maximum default size setting, but if you have done any experiments which have resulted in an optimum size for maximum sharpness on images please let us know.