Topic: creating XML file via ASP

Hi, firstly may i say i think tilt viewer is a fantastic application.

For my application i want to create multiple xml files from a database of pictures.
This will allow the customer to select pictures in differnet group or even randomly.
Using Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") it was all going fine until i realised that the syntax of one of the xml tags is wrong, namely the tag <photo imageurl=somename.jpg linkurl=some linkhere>

The Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") will not allow incorrectly formed tags  so spaces in the name , = sign , quotes are all out.

Am i right in saying the tags should be <photo><imageurl> <linkurl> separately???
so the structure would be
<tiltviewergallery>
    <photos>
        <photo>
                    <imageurl>
                    <linkurl>
                    <title>
                    <description>   & then all the closing tags

Would this be a fix that coule be made "in the next version"???
Incidentally when would this be?

Thank you

Re: creating XML file via ASP

the syntax of one of the xml tags is wrong, namely the tag <photo imageurl=somename.jpg linkurl=some linkhere>

This is not wrong, it's just using XML attributes instead of separate tags, which is common practice. I would be surprised if ASP doesn't support XML attributes.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix, thanks from prompt reply.
Apologies i have now read more & have realised it an attribute and these i can create. I am  having some trouble creating the structure from the Microsoft.XMLDOM but I'm sure I'll work out a solution.

I have tried to run the tiltviewer as a web page displaying on the desktop, but sadly the flash didnt appear. Other html files with swf's in will work,, maybe its just a directory structure problem & the files aren't being found.
any ideas??

Thanks again for a great product  everone i show it to goes WOW

Ian Palmer

Due to Flash Player security restrictions XML galleries must be uploaded to a web server to work.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.