Topic: multiple galleries at the same time

Hey,

I'm looking for a way to run multiple galleries at the same time... but I'm running into a few problems...

1 - both galleries will end up loading the same pictures, even if I direct them to different XML files... and one of the galleries usually only loads 1 or 2 thumbnails...

2 - both galleries will control the motion of only the first gallery. 

Both of these issues are because simpleviewer does a lot of stuff at the _root or _global level.  Is there any way to circumvent this?

Thanks!

Re: multiple galleries at the same time

Hi,

to load multiple SV galleries into a parent SWF, check the example that comes with SV-Pro. Check section 3.2 of the docs.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hey - yea... I started there.  The example that comes with simple viewer pro involves running 2 simpleviewer galleries embedded in a single flash document... but not at the same time. 

When you click the button to load gallery 2, gallery 1 goes away.   

I need them both run simultaneously, and that's how I've started running into the problems I described above.

It's actually very simple to work with.  Take the time to explore the code and how everything works.  I have turned simple viewer into some very advanced project galleries. 

The examples are a perfect start.  There are many different ways to accomplish what you are looking for (i.e - 2 galleries on one page) and as a "coder" you can figure it out.  I'm sure of that..

One of my client websites has simple viewer running 18 different times on the same website.  I went so far as to tear everything up on certain instances to only use simple viewer for one small 150px X 150px image with no caption, title, or thumbnails. 

So take a look at the examples, learn, and breath in the code.  I don't know any successful cynical designers.

Hi,

looks like I misunderstood the original question which was to display multiple galleries simultaneously.

Are you doing this in Flash or in HTML? In Flash there may be some issues caused by events overlapping between the 2 swfs. I've never tested this setup before so I'm not 100% sure on a solution. Did you try setting '_lookroot = true' on the loaded viewer swfs?

I've added an example of loading 2 SimpleViewers into 1 HTML page here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … viewer_x2/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.