Topic: Optimum image size?

Hi there.

I just purchased Tiltviewer pro and have a question about image size. I am going to link photos directly from my pro Flickr account. The photos are very high rez jpegs. (Several megs in size.) Is this going to result in a very slow loading Tiltviewer experience? If so, I will create a special gallery of sized- down photos but would like to know what the best size would be to show the photos in excellent quality while loading fairly quickly. Thanks!

J.

Re: Optimum image size?

The photos are very high rez jpegs. (Several megs in size.) Is this going to result in a very slow loading Tiltviewer experience?

yes.

like to know what the best size would be to show the photos in excellent quality while loading fairly quickly.

For displaying images on the web, typically around 1024x768 is a good size for high quality display.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That's an interesting question.  I too have very high res photos stored on flickr (one of the advantages of having a pro account there).  I also bought tiltviewer pro, with the idea that I would use it for displaying my flickr pics - but now I'm wondering what options I have.

I just tested, and yes, it is very slow loading pics at such a high res.  So do I have to create duplicate sets/tagged photos that are lower in resolution?  Are there any other options?

If you are using Flickr to host your images, Flickr automatically creates lo-res versions for you. These will be pulled in by default. The user can access the hi-res version via the 'go to flickr page' button

For images hosted on your own web server (using an XML gallery) you will need to make a duplicate set of images at lower resolution for TiltViewer. A photoshop batch job should do the trick. Large image files sizes = slow downloads, there is no work around.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ah, gotcha.  I didn't realize the lower res version from flickr was pulled by default.  That works great for me.  Thanks.