Topic: java plug-in problem?

when i load /svmupload.php (the upload page), i get the error:
"several java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error"

the activeX bar pops up and has me download Java again. i've uninstalled, reinstalled Java, can't get it to work

Re: java plug-in problem?

Does your later post mean that you fixed this problem?

It is a java issue and it is certainly not specific to svManager. There appears to be more than one cause. If you google "several java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error" then you'll find a lot of discussion and suggested fixes - too many to summarise here. The Sun java forum seemed to me to be the most helpful.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hi Jack, thanks for your response!
no, my later post was regarding a different issue when attempting to upload files, running IE7 from a different machine.

i'm still attempting to resolve this error, but unable still... i don't have any problems running Java on other sites, and i'm a web developer, so i'm sure i'd come across problems somewhere... thanks!

ok, after much uninstall and reinstall, could never get java to work. i finally installed java 6_02 rather than 6_03, and working beautifully
(with the exception of the run-time error on the upload page smile

The downloads help page on java.com is now describing this as a 'top reported issue'. They say they are still investigating the root cause. There are several workarounds on http://www.java.com/en/download/help/6000060700.xml

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks Jack! i'm going to leave 6_02 until i absolutely must upgrade smile 
would love to hear once they resolve the issue though. thanks again!!!

Hi,
Scouring around the posts for the answer to this Error! when I try to upload images using the svmanager I found this topic.

Have you resolved your previous problem with the red ERROR! message you get when you try to upload images?

not yet! right now, i'm uploading via ftp and then managing the images through svmanager.