Topic: Multiple viewers on ONE site

This is my first time on this forum and I see lots of threads read, but very few responses.  That doesn't bode well for getting an answer, but here goes...

I would like to know how to create multiple viewers, each on their own html page, but all on the same site.  For example, a gallery for rock, paper and scissor all with links from separate html pages and separate viewers each.

How would this work in terms of the "thumbs" and "images" folders ?
Would they have to be renamed for each gallery? 

If there's anybody out there with an idea, I would love to hear from you.

thanks for reading.

Re: Multiple viewers on ONE site

Here is one way to do it...

root
.....your_gallery_#1
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....your_gallery_#2
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....your_gallery_#3
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf

And your links something like this:

a>href="/your_gallery_#1/" target="_blank" title="Gallery 1">Gallery 1</a
a>href="/your_gallery_#2/" target="_blank" title="Gallery 2">Gallery 2</a
a>href="/your_gallery_#3/" target="_blank" title="Gallery 3">Gallery 3</a

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

I finally figured it out, I needed to have separate folders for each gallery in my main root folder, exactly what you said in a more coding kinda way. 

I have another question for you if you don't mind.

I am trying to create a href link to a PayPal page for each image in my gallery so that visitors can easily purchase a print from the gallery.

The problem I am running into is that I can't figure out how to write the code for the href link in the code provided, as below...

<caption><![CDATA[<font face="Times" size="20">Big times text
</font><b>bold text</b><u><a href="index.html">link text</a>
</u><br>New line of text]]></caption>

Everytime I change the "index.html" to an outside link, I get a warning from Flash that is has stopped a potentially unsafe operation.  It doesn't want to let the simpleviewer connect to the internet.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here of is it not possible to make such a link?

I'm guessing it's my bad coding and the link is possible.

thanks in advance Phil

please check the FAQ, Q16: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I haven't tried to do that so unfortunately I don't know.

Regards
Phil

I downloaded the multiple galleries zip and it appears to contain two separate and complete simple viewer galleries.  Where will I find the code that creates the links for switching between the two galleries that is at the top of the sample gallery on the FAQ page?  Will that be in the XML page?

How many galleries could I put in one page like that?  more than two?

thanks again Felix.

hi felix or indeed anyone else who can help
i have downloaded simple viewer and i am trying to incorporate it into my web site but on a few different pages. This has been proving more tricky than getting blood out of a stone!. i have managed to insert the gallery in on one page, but when i run the simple viewer program through photoshop and try and get it into the second page, all it does is show the first gallery! i have tried to change the code for all the files so that its different form the first one, but i really am at a loss. could somebody please be able to explain to me how i can have 2 or maybe three galleries incorporated into my website, how do i file them in my main root folder? and is there any particular coding rules that i should adhere to when i am doing this...
i hope i have worded this ok, i am quite new to all this!!
waiting eagerly...
jesper

jesper,

the first thing you have to do is file the galleries on your server as per my post above. Separate folders for each gallery. How you access each gallery depends on how you want them to be displayed, and there are many options, each gallery in the same containter/table/div or each gallery in a separate window, or each gallery in the same window. One easy way is with a header and/or footer as per the FAQ example. Or like this one.

Regards
Phil