Topic: Multiple Galleries Revisited...

Okay, for anybody out there listening, I tried to create two separate galleries with two different links on two different html pages.  that didn't work.  The problem I thought would happen did.  namely that it just lumped the new thumbs/pics in the same folder as the first gallery.
There's also the problem of the XML page and it's info. 

So for the moment let's try to make multiple galleries the way it explains in the FAQ. as written below...

"To create multiple galleries of images, make a copy of the whole SimpleViewer folder for each gallery. Create your individual galleries as normal. You can now create a menu page that links to the index.html page in each sub-folder. Here is an example page that contains a menu to navigate between 2 SimpleViewer galleries."

This isn't really much of an explanation for someone who doesn't already completely understand simple viewer, which I don't.  It says to start you "make a copy of the whole SimpleViewer folder for each gallery"
Just what "SimpleViewer folder" are you talking about?  Where is this folder located?

It then provides a nice example of a two gallery page with a simple set of links to each gallery at the top, perfect.  So how do I create those links?
Could someone please point me in the direction of where I might see how I can add the code necessary to make such a multiple gallery??

Is there a way to get a hold of any of the moderators on this forum?

thank you in advance.

Re: Multiple Galleries Revisited...

So first of all theres isn't really a better way to get help on this issue other than posting here, sorry.

Multiple Galleries.

The simpleviewer folder is the folder that contains the files:
swfobject.js
viewer.swf

You need these two files in every folder for every gallery. The most basic setup would look like this:

root
.....your_gallery_#1
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....your_gallery_#2
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....your_gallery_#3
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf

And are your links something like this:

a>href="/your_gallery_#1/" target="_blank" title="Gallery 1">Gallery 1</a
a>href="/your_gallery_#2/" target="_blank" title="Gallery 2">Gallery 2</a
a>href="/your_gallery_#3/" target="_blank" title="Gallery 3">Gallery 3</a

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

Re: Multiple Galleries Revisited...

Hi,

As you can imagine with over 10,000 downloads of SimpleViewer a week, I don't have time to walk every person through every issue they encounter. I make the documentation and examples as simple as possible, but modifying SimpleViewer still requires some work on your part to figure it out. Also keep in mind that SimpleViewer is free. Expecting one-on-one tech support is not realistic.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.