Topic: Changing Fonts

I recenlty downloaded and installed simple view and I am using sv manager to run it.  I must say this is by far one of the best programs I've seen.  It was very easy to set up and intergrate with my exisiting pages.

I was wondering is there a way to change the type of font displayed in the simple viewer player, and also is there a way to change the font on the index.php page that contains the links to the various galleries.

This may be something I have over looked, but any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Re: Changing Fonts

Thanks for the kind words on the svManager/SimpleViewer combo smile .

I'll comment on what you can do from svManager. If this isn't enough for you and you need to dig into SimpleViewer itself then please post a query in the SimpleViewer forums where you'll find the right kind of expertise.

svManager can handle html font tags inside your gallery title and captions. Just add the tags to your title in the customize page or to the captions in the images page. For instance:

<font face="Courier New, Courier, monospace">My Title</font>

If you know some basic css then you have a lot of control over the appearance of the index.php page that produces the list of galleries. Open index.php in a text editor and you'll see the following css for the body tag:

font-family&#58; arial, helvetica, sans-serif;

You could change this to say:

font-family&#58; Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

or whatever.

We're just talking plain vanilla html/css here so obviously you need to choose fonts that are likely to be present on your users' computers.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.