Topic: IE7 Issue - Here today... Gone tomorrow

I am suddenly getting the infamous "SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. Get Macromedia Flash. If you have Flash installed, click to view gallery" message on all simpleviewer galleries in IE7 on my laptop.  These galleries worked fine in IE7 on my laptop for a while, but no more. These same galleries still work fine in Firefox2 on my laptop.  They also work fine in IE7 on every other computer I have checked.  It appears that there is something about my IE7 configuration that is causing this, although everything seems to be consistent with the other computers.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to here them.

Re: IE7 Issue - Here today... Gone tomorrow

please check the FAQ, Q1: … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: IE7 Issue - Here today... Gone tomorrow

Thanks for the reply Felix, but the FAQ doesn't really address this issue, but maybe it should.

Since yesterday I have learned that there is an issue with IE7 and Flash9. If you upgrade to Flash9 from a previous version, the install for Flash9 seems to work, but doesn't work completely.  The Flash9 upgrade will work in IE7, but for sites which check for the presence of Flash (like Simpleviewer) it does not work and you get the dreaded message I cited in my original post.

The solution is to download the Flash uninstaller from Adobe, uninstall the previous version of Flash, and then install Flash9.  If you use the Windows Control Panel "remove programs" approach, the new install will still not work properly.

This seems to be a big problem that hopefully will be addressed by Microsoft in the near future.