Topic: html use

Hey Felix - I have a TON of flickr sets, all tagged so they work with tiltviewer.  Right now, I'm creating 1 html file for each group of images... they're all basically the same, except I change the tag, grid size and zoomed out view as needed.

Is there an easier way to work with such a large group of sets - i.e. is it possible to create a single html file and pass the variables in the URL... tag=xxx, etc?  I'd actually like to create a few standard files... like one that is 4x3, 4x4, 4x5, and 5x5.  In those files, I'd set zoomed in/out as desired.  So that only leaves the tag that I'd need to pass - all other values would be hard coded (userID, etc).  Is that possible?

Re: html use

to pass the tag name in the URL, you can use PHP or similar to write the tag name from the URL into the swf embed code:

var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "shell", "100%", "100%", "9.0.28", "#000000");    
  foreach&#40;$_GET as $variable => $value&#41; &#123;
    echo "fo.addVariable&#40;'$variable', '$value'&#41;;";
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Sorry, I just don't know enough about this to make good use of your comment.  Mind pointing me in the right direction?  Am I looking to have PHP write out html files on the fly based on parsing out the tag info from the URL? Or am I off base?  I am very much a novice, so be gentle.  smile

Ok, that makes sense, but how would I include the variable in my URL?  Something like this- ?

If I'm using more than one variable in the URL, would something like this work: … amp;rows=4

How would I grab those 3 variables and use them?