Topic: seeing trails!

Hi,

I finally managed to get Tiltviewer somewhat working!  However, when it loads, the images are completely distorted by trails that don't clear up. 

What have I done wrong?  Have I activated conflicting commands?  Help!

Thanks!

Re: seeing trails!

Have you taken acid recently? smile Not sure what causes this. maybe your computer is running low on RAM. Try restarting your browser/machine.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Amazingly, no acid tongue  I'm pretty sure the RAM situation is okay, I'm running on 2GB.  Should I just go back to the default setup/script and reconfigure from there?

It might be some transparency related CSS issue. Try reverting your HTML.

Felix Turner

Okay, now I'm really confused.  I reverted back to the original html, plugged in my Flickr userid, and all I got was the Flash message.  Then, I ended up basically changing the html to be EXACTLY like the page that I got to work but was giving me those trails, and it's STILL only giving me the Flash message.  The only difference between these two pages is that I didn't make any color changes in the new one.  I even re-uploaded the javascript and the Flash file.  What the hell am I doing wrong?

what's the url? (replace dots with spaces when posting urls)

Felix Turner

www geniusstyle com / gallery / test html

And the original acid trip site: www geniusstyle com / gallery / index2 html

Looks like the 'swfobject.js' file got corrupted somehow. Try re-unzipping and re-uploading the original file.

I see the trails too on the other URL - very odd! Maybe the swf got corrupted also - I would try re-uploading all your files.

Felix Turner

So I reuploaded all files, including the test html pages.  And now, I'm just getting the "Tiltviewer requires Flash" prompt.  Including the test html that was giving me trails.  Seriously, what am I doing wrong?

Not sure, but it looks like your files got corrupted or your web server is messed up. Does it work locally? Did you try re-downloading the files?

Felix Turner

I GOT IT TO WORK!  YAY!

I did re-unzip the folder, and re-uploaded everything.  See, I was using my host's web FTP client and that's what was corrupting the js file.  When I uploaded everything with Fetch, the site started working to a point where I could start customizing.

Thank you so much for your help and prompt replies!