Topic: How to Change Default Page Title

Hi

Is there any way of Changing the Default Page Title "Simpleviewer" to the name of the Gallery in Svmanager ?

or

to pre-defined tile, e.g Webpage Name ?

Werner

Re: How to Change Default Page Title

There is no easy way to set the page title in the html of the index page to a value extracted from svManager. You can of course edit the html of the index page after each new gallery has been created. You can also change the html of the file index.php inside the svmaster folder. This master file is copied every time a new gallery is created so you could replace 'SimpleViewer' with your own title but it would always be the same one.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Jack,

Thanks for the info, pehaps it is something to look at on a next upgrade,
It is no problem if the SVManager is Branded with logo's of Simpleviewer and the Administration Part, but it is a problem for my client who want the gallary page titles to be his own. Unfortunately most of the webpage clients can hardly understand how to log on to SVmanger left alone do some HTML editing  wink

But thanks Again.

OK – another one for the 'features wanted' list.

If you have one svManager installation for each client and the clients create their own galleries then you might consider editing the title of the master index file yourself to include the client's name or whatever. That's svmanager/svmaster/index.php and change <title>SimpleViewer</title> to <title>Client Name</title>. That way all the new galleries will have the same title branded for your client.

jack

Jack Hardie

I have the same problem. Not with the client but with the shows we will attend.

Imagine this with a festival with more than 80 groups !!!

If we have to edit each index.php  :shock:

Ok, you guys are pushing it up the priority list. It's not quite as easy as it may seem but I'll give it some thought when I can.

jack

Jack Hardie

That's very cool !!!

Thanks a lot !!

Hope you will manage to do it ASAP cause Festivals time is on his way
smile  smile  smile  smile

If you'd like to hurry it along a bit then you could volunteer to help me with testing. Pm me your email address if you are interested.

jack

Jack Hardie

Will send you my e-mail adress via PM - Werner

Since version 1.1.0, svManager puts the gallery title inside the html <title> tag for the gallery page so it appears in browser tabs and information bars and will be accessible by search engines. This will happen automatically for new galleries created with v1.1.0. For existing galleries, please see Upgrading existing galleries to svManager version 1.1.0 in the User manual.

jack

Jack Hardie