Topic: Introducing nFlickrViewer: ASP.Net SimpleViewer Remote Admin
> SimpleViewer with full Flickr thumbnail and full-image support
> Supports small, medium, large Flickr images
> Limit # of Flickr results, to improve performance
> Full-featured remote, password-protected Admin Screen
> Paypal link to sell your prints
> Link to original Flickr image
> Supports selection by Flickr sets, groups, tag(s), users, and search terms
> Supports sorting of Flickr data
> Supports server-side caching of XML and Images / thumbnails to improve performance
> Color picker for all colors (home page included)
view it in action
* Version 0.9.0 02/27/2008 original release
* Version 0.9.1 02/28/2008 minor bug fixes
* Version 0.9.2 02/29/2008 added admin features, caching
* Version 0.9.3 03/01/2008 setup, css bugs
* Download the latest code from http://www.codeplex.com/nFlickrViewer
* Run the nFlickrViewerSetup.msi included
* Grant write access to the web.config (and images & thumbs folders (for caching only)) to ASPNET or NETOWORK_SERVICE accounts
* Goto http://localhost/nFlickrViewer and click on the Admin link (on the bottom). the default password is 'password'
* You must provider a valid Flickr API key and username
* after saving your API key and username, cancel out of the admin tool, and rerun it.
* First try the forums at the CodePlex page - http://www.codeplex.com/nFlickrViewer
* Or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
* SimpleViewer with full Flickr thumbnail and full-image support
* Supports small, medium, large Flickr images
* Limit # of Flickr results, to improve performance
* Full-featured remote, password-protected Admin Screen
* Paypal link to sell your prints
* Link to original Flickr image
* Supports selection by Flickr sets, groups, tag(s), users, and search terms
* Supports sorting of Flickr data
* Supports server-side caching of XML and Images / thumbnails to improve performance
* Color picker for all colors (home page included)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
* Q - "A generic error occurred in GDI+."
* A - make sure your anonymous iis user (IUSR_MACHINE) has write permissions to your nFlickrViewer site
* Q - I change the settings, and the old images still appear
* A - make sure to clear your browser cache
* Q - SimpleViewer is not reloading the images (they are coming from my local cache)?
* A - http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … /faq.html. You may be looking at a cached version of gallery.xml. Browsers will save previously viewed versions of files on the web for faster loading. To avoid this, you can clear your browser cache after making updates. To clear the cache in Internet Explorer go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Files, or press Ctrl-F5 to reload the page without caching. Visitors to your gallery will almost always see the latest version of your gallery. Most browsers check for newer versions of files on each browser session. Browser caching happens for all websites, so this issue applies to all files on the web.
* Q - Where can i get a Flickr API key?
* A - http://www.flickr.com/services/api/keys/
* Q - What server should I use to host this application?
* A - try Cassini Web Server - for .Net 2.0 - http://ultidev.com/download/default.aspx or IIS6+ (comes with some windows flavors)
* Q - How can I host this on my PC- but allow the world to see it?
* A - Look at a dynamic DNS product, and opening a port on your firewall. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_DNS
* Google Analytics integration
* add multiple flickr sets to home page
* add MaxUploadedDate, Min as filters
* System Requirements (covers supported platforms)
* Project Documentation
* Current Issues List
* Turn config into singleton
* Add version to default
* Get simpleviewer to reload cache
* SimpleViewer version 1.8 http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/
* FlickrViewer version 1.2.3 (php version) by Dustin Senos http://dustinsenos.com/flickrviewer/
* SimpleViewer ASP.Net Extension by Tony Vincent http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … truct.html
* FlickrNet API Library by Sam Judson http://www.codeplex.com/FlickrNet
* ASP.NET color Picker by Loek van den Ouweland http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Co … erNET.aspx