Topic: blank gallery - please help!

i just bought the autoviewer pro. i can preview the gallery with images fine locally but after uploading it to my ftp the gallery is blank... I tested the web folder just as it was delivered to me after purchasing it and it also has that problem. what do i do???

Re: blank gallery - please help!

i just bought the autoviewer pro. i can preview the gallery with images fine locally but after uploading it to my ftp the gallery is blank... I tested the web folder just as it was delivered to me after purchasing it and it also has that problem. what do i do???

If it works locally but not from your webserver, check all filenames from images etc. Webservers are case-sensitive. Local computers (mostly) not. Also check the given path to your images and/or to the gallery.xml file. If you use absolute path which works locally, it just might not work on your webserver if it is setup with different directory names.
Hope this helps to sort things out!

All the paths and names are fine. I tested the original files included in AutoViewer Pro WEB  folder and that doesn't work either. There must be a bug in the autoviewer.swf file. Strange because the free version of AutoViewer works fine. Once again the AutoViewer Pro works fine locally, but not on the webserver. Any ideas?????

All the paths and names are fine. I tested the original files included in AutoViewer Pro WEB  folder and that doesn't work either.

Hi Agnes,

Strange! Even the original files don't work when loaded on the web???
Are there any error messages when loading that might be of some help?
I've updated my website to the new 1.4 Pro version yesterday and didn't encounter any problems, i.e. it works OK on the web as well as locally.
Have a look at http://www.hanshockx.nl and see if it works in your browser. If it does work, the Autoviewer itself is OK. If it does not work, check the link below to see another site I made that still uses the the 1.3 version of Autoviewer Pro. If this one does work where first site does not, it might give a clue to what is realy happening in your local distortion field ;-)
This is the link to the 1.3 site: http://www.afvv.nl/afvvmaand.html

Hans

PS: Can you give a link to your site that doesn't work? Than I can see what happens here if I try to load it.